How to repair Arri 300 Frenel Lamp Holder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1
New Boot

How to repair Arri 300 Frenel Lamp Holder

I have to replace the lamp holder in an Arri 300 Plus Fresnel. Can anyone explain the best way to do that? The task would be simple but it looks like the back may have to come off the light to get to the terminal block. The repair is simple, just getting to the part is the challenge.

Is anyone aware of a repair manual or even a repair shop on the East Coast?

Any help is much appreciated.
James Dekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: How to repair Arri 300 Frenel Lamp Holder

Here you go:
ARRI Group: 300W Plus Fresnel
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The lamp holder can be removed from the holder with a short screwdriver, but if the screws have mot been undone before, I found getting enough grip tricky. The front casting comes off, which will give you better access, but the lead screw will fall out of the locator holes, so be prepared for the entire carriage assembly to come loose. I'm assuming the construction is the same as the 650s I have - the parts look to be the same design. Just remove the top and the front and you should be able to get to all the bits you need - the connector block and the lamp holder itself. You don't need to dismantle as much as you think!
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:11 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks Paul, it's exactly the same as the 650 only smaller and tighter inside. I was able to remove the entire block assembly for the bulb and replace it without as much trouble as I feared. Got the parts from eBay and in the end, it was easy. Hardest part was figuring out the European wire color codes so I could hook things up more or less correctly.
Appreciate your help.
James Dekle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management