Sell ARRI Softbox I for Doug Jensen Interview Kit? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old September 9th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Sell ARRI Softbox I for Doug Jensen Interview Kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Arieli View Post
To answer your question Rob. This has been a common setup for my talking heads:
1 Alzo Pan-l-Lite twin (400W equivalent) with a grid as my key
1 Alzo Pan-l-Lite twin dimmed as a fill (or pop-up 42" reflector depending on space/time constraints.
312 LED as a hair light (easy to mount on a boom pole, self-powered, no big concerns about lower CRI rating).

When time and space allow, I'll bring out the pro light as a kick and a 300W betweenie fresnel with a gobo if I'm dealing with a boring background in need of some dress-up.

It's not the most compact kit compared to LED's, but I re-purposed a rolling bowling ball bag that holds both Pan-L-Lites, the LED, cords/cables/makeup kit/ reflector and Pro-light. That leaves one bag for the camera and one for the stands.

Biggest benefit has been in setup time. With no softbox to worry about, and built-in grid, I get a soft, dimmable and controllable light in only a minute or two.
oren-

thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

i've been looking at the alzo 4 bank as a go to solution for being a one-person interview key light.

i've also been thinking about employing a large (maybe 4'x4') transparency to soften and diffuse the light.

anyone out there using a big diffuser on talking head interviews?

thanks in advance to any and all who care to share.

be well.

rob
smalltalk productions
nyc
Rob Katz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management