DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old October 11th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #16
Wrangler

Re: what is your favorite diffusion?

Brian, have you had the opportunity to try the LED Source 4's yet? I"ve sniffed at them at trade shows--seems like they are closer to getting an output similar to the tungsten ones, and the CRI is pretty good. Love the idea of being able to dim without color shift. It will be especially sweet when the RGB version gets bright enough to be practical (and hopefully, the price comes down to something anywhere near the classic version).
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Mersereau View Post
Not to hijack this thread,

But are you the Brian Berg who was the LD for Lyle Lovette?

Remember me from the ol' Pirate Days?
Wow, Boomerang Jacques? Yup, it's me. I worked for Lyle for only a few years.
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Papert View Post
Brian, have you had the opportunity to try the LED Source 4's yet? I"ve sniffed at them at trade shows--seems like they are closer to getting an output similar to the tungsten ones, and the CRI is pretty good. Love the idea of being able to dim without color shift. It will be especially sweet when the RGB version gets bright enough to be practical (and hopefully, the price comes down to something anywhere near the classic version).
No I haven't. The output is too low yet (with version 1). I guess the Series 2 is much better but pricing is a bit ridiculous. Source Four LED Series 2

I just did an all LED install at a local church, but opted for tungsten Source Fours because of cost per fixture and the amount of them I needed.They're slowly coming down in price. I wish they'd follow pricing of LED wall panels, which seem to be falling almost daily. For the color washes, I just used Elation EPAR's.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management