Playing with my kick lights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old May 19th, 2015, 06:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Playing with my kick lights

We did a quick and dirty promo tie-in for the new poltergeist movie. One of the things the director called for was to have randomly flickering blue lights to simulate the look of the windows in the film, so i busted out my kick lights and randomly flickered the 4 of them with my iphone as a remote. In a later scene i used them to flicker blue in the room with the kid at the tv (my son!). Then, if you make it to the end, i put three of them in the doll house to flick on in a spooky way. This was all seat-of-pants shooting, but it was a perfect use for some tiny remote control any-color lights. Most of the shoot I was sliding my fingers around my iphone so people probably thought I was playing fruit ninja. hehe.

One HELL of a POLTERGEIST Experience

I go into some of my beefs with the kick lights in this review, but despite the flaws, they have proven really handy as little swiss army knife solutions for unusual lighting situations.

Here's a long winded ramble that goes into the kick lights after 5 minutes.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management