Does Rostronics sell new or refurbished items? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old October 31st, 2005, 05:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Does Rostronics sell new or refurbished items?

Maybe I missed something on their site. I thought I was getting new lights when I purchased from Rostronics.com. I had a problem with one of my 300W lights, returned it and I think I got the same light back. It was definetly not a new light. I figured if it worked, fine. It lasted a day.

I then decided to upgrade to a 600W. Long story on exactly why I did that... I just got it today and there are scratches all over the light. It is definetly not a brand new item. I just checked it for one min and it does at least work for now.

So, does this place sell new or refurbs? Am I getting my money's worth?
Brian Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 10:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Jeez Brian, sounds like you've had a tough week! My experience with Rostronics has been nothing but terrific. The owner is Tom Rost, one of the nicest people you'll never meet. Just give him a call at the number listed on the web site. I'm sure he'll sort it all out to your satisfaction.

To answer the question in the title of this thread: They sell only new equipment, as far as I know.
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Barker
Jeez Brian, sounds like you've had a tough week! My experience with Rostronics has been nothing but terrific. The owner is Tom Rost, one of the nicest people you'll never meet. Just give him a call at the number listed on the web site. I'm sure he'll sort it all out to your satisfaction.

To answer the question in the title of this thread: They sell only new equipment, as far as I know.
I'm looking forward to purchasing some lights from Rostronics soon. I just was reading their return policy and it looks like they take back anything, even if it isn't defective, for up to 30 days. It's possible you got an item that had been returned but not checked fully. This happens a lot with big stores like Fry's. I can't comment on their service, but I've heard nothing but great things so I hope you get the situation worked out with them.
www.xedgehosting.com
Jeffery Patch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management