DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old April 11th, 2003, 06:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Looking for a on camera light

I need a new on camera light. I had an old NRG but it finally gave up. I am looking for something that will be useful for event videography. Usually when I shoot industrial video I use my 3 point kit so using it as a fill or a key in that enviroment isnt that important.
I was looking both at the Coolux mini light or the new PAG C6. Oh I forgot to mention the light will be mounting on a Sony TRV50 or a Panasonic EZ320.

Thanks
Scott
Infinite Reality Productions
Scott Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Scott,

You might want to search the threads a bit...there's tons of information on this here already that'll probably help you out.

My endorsement goes to the Frezzi Mini-Fill with dimmer.
Old April 13th, 2003, 11:47 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I have seen a lot of talk about the Freezi. But I have seen very little about the Coolux and nothing about the Pag C6. I am just looking for people with some personal experiance with the two lights that I am considering to help me make a informed decison....I do like what I a have seen about the Frezzi Mini fill though. I have a couple of Coolux Lead Calcium 12v battery packs and I wonder if these have enough juice to provide a couple good hours of light with the 75watt Frezzi. There 12v/7amp hours.

Thanks
Scott
Scott Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2003, 11:28 AM   #4
Wrangler

If you can step up to the HMI version of any of the lights, you can get a ton of hours out of your existing packs.

Watts translate to a fixed number of hours for a given battery pack. So it really does not matter what brand you choose. Only lamp power to light conversion efficiency will change the run time.

That's why HMI lamps, which are about 3X more efficient than Halogen, are so nice. An 18 watt (power consumption) HMI is the equal of a 75 watt Halogen. That means less heat and longer run times per battery for the same light output. Smaller too.

The HMI is naturally daylight balanced.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management