DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old June 30th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

recommend some equipment

Hi guys,

I will be shooting some documentary stuff in the desert/forest areas can anyone recommend a light kit, a tripod, and I am assuming I would need some kind of battery generator? Not looking for the absolute best/most expensive but good quality at a descent price.

Thank You
Joe Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Major Player

So you'll be shooting at night? How big of an area do you figure you'll need to cover? Are you shooting lots of wide landscape shots or people? Lots more we would need to know about your job to be able to tell you very much.
Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - RED #114
http://www.coollights.biz
Richard Andrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 02:27 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Most of the shooting will be in the day time, with maybe 10 -20% at night. I would just need enough to cover interviews. This is a BMX type racing event, so I doubt I could cover the race area but that will be in the daytime anyway.

Hope this helps
Joe Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:09 AM   #4
Wrangler

still needing more info. it's hard to recommend a tripod without knowing the camera...for lighting in this environment, have you considered litepanels or any of the other competitor LED products from sony or varizoom? that's probably your best bet.

dvcreators has a video podcast about litepanels which is quite illuminating, heh:

http://dvestore.com/theatre/index.html#
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management