Private Classifieds listings from 2009 - Page 96 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old March 13th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #1426
Regular Crew

Sold, thanks.
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #1427
Major Player

Do you seriously mean that buying the "name brands" (ie. Steadicam) is a waste of money?
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #1428
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Simpson View Post
Do you seriously mean that buying the "name brands" (ie. Steadicam) is a waste of money?
ahhh.. yes.

Actually wait! Let me rephrase that.. that was too loose ended (don't want to start a fight with the f-boys). Tiffen makes a GREAT product, there's no doubt about that; and if you have an extra two grand or so to throw away, by all means go for it! But if you want something as equally impressive (that gets the job done), but doesn't carry the "Steadicam" moniker, then you can get that at a fraction of the price from competitive makers, like VZ. And purchasing good used equipment like I have posted is a very smart move.
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #1429
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Padilla View Post
...(don't want to start a fight with the f-boys). Tiffen makes a GREAT product, there's no doubt about that; and if you have an extra two grand or so to throw away, by all means go for it! ...
And yet again you say that money is being thrown away...

There's certainly nothing wrong with saving money. But let's not say that this is an apples to apples comparison!
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #1430
Major Player

Fun-gab

Frank there is no need to go there.. Regardless of how you feel, I believe its a waste of money.. I have flown everything from Steadicam to Sachtler to MK-V (AR included). I think they are all great products but to compare the Pilot or the Flyer with the Aviator is a very valid, more than valid, comparison.. apples to apples.

The standard vest that comes with the flyer is worse than what VZ gives standard with the aviator. And the rest of the system (accept for a side mounting arm) are essentially THE SAME! (Can you honestly say otherwise?)

Actually if i'm gonna spend "Steadicam" money I'd rather get something more worthy.. I prefer Sachtler's Artemis DV PRO system. I like the back mount vests (similar to MK-V) and the innovative arm; the build quality is also excellent.. but like everything else.. in the end I can get the same footage just as well at a cheaper price (and yeah it doesn't look as pretty.. big deal).
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #1431
Inner Circle

Red One Full Kit

I have a Red One #5721 new in Jan 09 for sale as a kit or individual parts. The gear is new and only used for testing. The workflow is not working for me so I am going to stay XDCAM. This is a great kit with the new Birger Engineering lens mount that uses Canon EF-L lens which three new lenses are included. Please only people who are interested in buying contact me. It will move quickly and I just wanted to give DVinfo.net readers the chance to buy a great Red One package. You pay shipping and if you use paypal you pay that fee also the deal is too good. For individual gear it will be 8-10% off depending on the gear.

Red One Full Turn Key Kit with Birger Canon Mount
Serial Number 5721
Shipped from Red 27 Jan 2009

Last edited by Paul Cronin; March 14th, 2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: linked to ad
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #1432
Regular Crew

Looking for a Firestore Pro HD 40+GB

Hey,
I am looking for a FireStore to use on my XH-A1. The firestore must be fully compatible with the xh-a1. Please shoot me an email if you have a Firestore that you wish to sell with your asking price, Harddrive size, included accessories, and photos.
Thanks,
Kevin
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #1433
Major Player

sent an email needing to confirm your paypal address Scott.
Thanks
Brian
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #1434
Major Player

Sold

thank you
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #1435
Major Player

Michael, I have no problem at all with you expressing your opinions as such. It's when they take on an air of "fact" that I take exception.

You inadvertently slam everyone who believes that the "brand names" are in fact worth the money, and that buying rigs such as you are selling, while not bad products, are certainly less-than full-featured.

You can say that you believe it is a waste of money, or that people are throwing money away, but I know an awful lot of people who will take you to task, and will show you point-by-point why the "brand names" are very much worth every penny spent on them.

I'm not saying that the rig you are selling is bad, but I am saying that I believe that there are much better products out there for the people willing to invest in them.
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #1436
Major Player

I am leaving for assignment to Chile for a month so this is off the market till my return, unless someone wants to low ball me right now!
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #1437
Major Player

Sold sold sold

Quote:
I am saying that I believe that there are much better products out there for the people willing to invest in them.
Its the "Much" part that is up for debate here. Neither am I arguing that other rigs are (subjectively) better equipped. However.. then can you say I won my (now 12) CEA's with a sub-par rig then in your opinion - therefore in the end, the results from this product looks as good as anyone else's using a more expensive rig.. thus my point (Why spend the extra cash). Hey go get yourself a MK-V rig and enjoy! (seriously if you have the cash for an AR go for it - but don't cry when you've spent too much on business expenses)

Anyway.. (so far off topic.. sheesh) - the rig is SOLD! Thank you DVinfo!
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #1438
Regular Crew

do you still have them? What is the make and model? Thanks.
Old March 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #1439
Major Player

Quote:
You inadvertently slam everyone who believes that the "brand names" are in fact worth the money
How is that? You're slamming Michael for expressing his opinion of the gear HE is selling, not you
Everyone has their own. Respect others for theirs.

First of all, if you don't like what he's selling, don't buy it. Simple.

Second of all, take it offline if it bothers you so much. Comments like yours have no business in this thread whatsoever.

There appears to be absolutely no point to your public oratory other than to air out some personal problems you have with Michael's opinion.

Quote:
.....but I am saying that I believe that there are much better products out there for the people willing to invest in them.
So? Your point is what? What does that comment have to do with the sale of Michael's gear in this thread? Nothing.
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #1440
Major Player

For what it's worth, Les is a great person to do business with. Have bought from him in the past and would buy again.

-Ken
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds