Private Classifieds listings from 2009 - Page 260 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #3886
Regular Crew

Sold! Vendue! Verkocht!

Thanks, again DVI folks!
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #3887
Regular Crew

Saturday (b)u(m)pdate.
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #3888
Regular Crew

Saturday (b)u(m)pdate.
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #3889
Regular Crew

Saturday (b)u(m)pdate.
Old August 8th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #3890
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
Hey Dave,

Have you had any success fixing problems with the lcd screen? I have one with a band missing down the middle and would love to fix it.

Feel free to email me through DVINFO if you want. I don't want to hijack your thread any more than I already have :-)

Thanks,
Vito

PS. For those of you looking at this ad, the iRivers are awesome for events. Buy Dave's stuff!
Hi Vito - when a part of the LCD goes out, it's a tough fix, as the construction internally is not easy to take apart without destroying the display ribbon cable - that said, what model has the bad display? I've got a pile of "really dead" ones I can experiment on and see if I can sucessfully reemove the display, in which case the repair isn't that hard aside from having to resolder a long chain of connections. It may be doable, but it's taken me some time and experimentation to develop repair techniques - I'll look into this one!
Old August 8th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #3891
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Dave, which model is the best, if any, and how much are you asking?
Hi Jeff -
I've used both the 7 series and 8 series - I have a slight preference for the 7 series because it's very slightly smaller, maybe 1/8" or less in length and width, but functionally they seem identical to me. Both do the job, but the 7 series seem to command a premium on resale as well. You don't need much more than 128M for most recording purposes, and the Giant Squid mics seem to be popular for these, although I've found a source for some really killer stereo lav pairs, seem to work quite well with these.

I'l have a final inventory shortly, but I've got a bunch of iFP795's (512MB) - probably 7 or 8, at least one 799 (1GB), one 895 (512MB), and one or two 790's (256MB). I'm guessing at around $70-120 for these right now, depending on capacity and cosmetic condition (most look really good anyhow), probably including domestic USPS priority shipping.
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #3892
Regular Crew

Zoom H4n

Up for sale is my very well taken care of/lightly used Zoom H4n digital recorder. Like new. Everything comes in the original packaging as if it were new. I'll even throw in new AA batteries.

Why am I getting rid of it? It's WAY more than I need and I'd rather have a more compact device. No trades, so please don't offer.

I am accepting Paypal only. If you plan to use credit card for your payment please add 3% to the total.

Asking $275 (shipped)

Here is the info on the unit:

"The Zoom H4n Handy Recorder picks up where the H4 left off and adds additional features to an already popular audio recorder. Ideal for recording interviews, lectures, rehearsals, meetings, and more, this palm-sized unit packs the ability to record up to 4 channels of audio at greater than CD quality.

The H4n features onboard true X/Y stereo microphones to pick up clear, natural sound without phase shifting. The mics can be rotated to select a 90° or 120° recording pattern for terrific versatility. The digitally-controlled preamp, combined with the high-quality microphones, allows you to capture Linear PCM audio at rates up to 24-bit/96kHz. The recorder captures audio to SD or SDHC cards with capacities up to 32GB. A USB 2.0 port allows you to quickly transfer files to a Mac or PC, or use the H4n as a live audio interface.

For connecting your own microphones or instruments, the H4n features XLR/TRS combo input jacks with phantom capability. A 3.5mm line output is provided, and a reference speaker is built-in for quickly reviewing your recordings. The unit operates on a pair of standard AA batteries, and features a Stamina mode to provide up to 11 hours of continuous recording at 16-bit/44.1kHz. Other useful features of the H4n include variable playback speed, automatic and pre-record functions, a low-cut filter and limiter for improving the sound quality of recordings, time stamping, a metronome and tuner, and more. The backlit LCD screen and intuitive controls are easy to use, even for the recording novice. A collection of accessories are included so you can start recording right out of the box.
• Compact Form Factor
The small size of the H4n makes it ideal for use in mobile situations. The rubberized chassis provides a high level of durability and helps to minimize handling noise
• 4-Channel Recording
The H4n can record up to 4 channels of audio. It also has a 4-track MTR mode that provides simultaneous 4-track playback and 2-track recording for overdubbing and creating songs
• True X/Y Stereo Mics
The onboard mics are arranged in true X/Y fashion to produce natural stereo recordings with no phasing issues
• Selectable Recording Patterns
The built-in mics can be rotated to select a recording pattern of 90° or 120° for versatility
• High-Quality Preamp
The digitally-controlled preamp captures clear, precise audio at rates up to 24-bit/96kHz
• SD/SDHC Storage
The H4n records to readily-available SD or SDHC flash memory cards at capacities up to 32GB. This type of media features no moving parts, and is an incredibly stable platform, ensuring the safety of your data
• Connectivity
The H4n features professional-quality XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power for connecting instruments or microphones. An additional 3.5mm mic input is also provided. Output is via a 3.5mm headphone/line out jack. A USB 2.0 port lets you transfer files to a computer, or use the unit as a live audio interface
• Integrated Speaker
The built-in speaker lets you quickly monitor recordings without having to bother with headphones
• Power Options
The unit can operate on a pair of standard AA batteries. The recorder's Stamina mode allows it to record continuously for up to 11 hours at CD-quality settings. The recorder can also be powered with the included wall adapter or by USB power
• Intuitive Interface
The backlit LCD screen and intuitive control buttons make it easy to record right away, even for beginners
• Audio Editing
Built-in editing features let you make basic adjustments, while the included Cubase LED software lets you perform more advanced editing functions on a computer. A mid-side stereo decoder allows you to use an external mid-side mic setup, while a mono mix function lets you convert a stereo recording down to mono, ideal for interviews
• Recording Features
The H4n features pre-record and auto record features so you never miss an important moment. A low-cut filter and limiter make sure you capture a clean recording every time
• Playback Features
Playback speed can be adjusted from 50 to 100%, making it easy to learn a song or language, or analyze recordings. You can also choose single or all repeat modes, and A-B repeat
• Time Stamping
The H4n recordings carry time stamp information, and can accept cues/markers to support the Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) used in professional applications
• Musician Tools
The integrated tuner and metronome are perfect tools for singers and musicians
• Remote Control
An optional remote control gives you full access to recording and playback controls, and is ideal for eliminating handling noise 1
• Mounting Options
The recorder can be mounted on a standard mic stand by using the included mic clip adapter, or mounted to a standard camera tripod thanks to the threaded mount
• Accessories Included
The H4n comes complete with a 1GB SD card, wind screen, mic clip adapter, AC adapter, USB cable, and protective case so you can start recording right away
"

Please keep all questions here or in PM.

First to email me at: modern_memory_films@yahoo.com with intent to buy will receive my Paypal address to send the funds to.

Thanks.
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #3893
Trustee

Hi Dave,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
that said, what model has the bad display?
It's an ifp-899. I can tell it's not the screen, but a connection somewhere, cause if I press on the lcd, some of it comes back to life. I took apart a dead one I had to see if it would give me any clues, but as you said, it was tough to disassemble, and I didn't want to destroy the other one trying to fix it.

Quote:
I've got a pile of "really dead" ones I can experiment on and see if I can sucessfully reemove the display, in which case the repair isn't that hard aside from having to resolder a long chain of connections. It may be doable, but it's taken me some time and experimentation to develop repair techniques - I'll look into this one!
Don't knock yourself out, by any means. I just thought maybe you had come across this before.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated,

Vito
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #3894
Regular Crew

Any SD cards included? If so what size?

Thanks
Nicole
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #3895
Regular Crew

email sent.
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #3896
Regular Crew

Bogen Tripod w 3063 Fluid Head

The tripod is a 3021BN Manfrotto tripod in like new condition. The 3063 fluid head has a quick disconnect camera plate, very good condition. The viscous fluid in the head had become thick so the pan & tilt action was quite stiff. I took it apart & finally cleaned off the old fluid that was nearly solid & replaced it with Mobils red grease; the action is a little on the loose side. Isopropyl alchohol will remove the grease very easily & can be regreased with Manfrotto's viscous fluid, quite easily.

The 3063 head has had very little use & is in good condition (no dings or scratches) & comes with an 18" handle. The combination sold new for $350-, I am asking $145- plus shipping of $18-.
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #3897
Regular Crew

Im open for offers
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #3898
Major Player

I have an 8 series that has an audible hiss associated with all the audio files. My other one of the same model/settings/firmware doesn't have it. Do you know of any repairs or tricks for that?

I'll forward this link to a friend looking for some irivers as well.

Thanks for giving us first crack :)
Old August 8th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #3899
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Hankerson View Post
Any SD cards included? If so what size?

Thanks
Nicole
Nicole,

The last line of the description says that part of the accessories included is a 1gb SD card. The same card that came with the Zoom. It's already formatted and ready to go.

Thanks.
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #3900
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Tessler View Post
I have an older version version 6 FCP the FCP studio 2

Doug
I am on tight income and want to find someone who has a unused full license for Final Cut Pro (any version that can be upgraded to Final Cut Studio 3. I am a total beginner low on money and my mom bought my FCE4 last christmas to digitize and edit our 65 Video8 Tapes (using Sony GV-D200). Then she got a Canon HF s10 in April for her trip to England, and now all the money is gone.

So anyone want to help out a beginner director and offer me a cheap or free Final Cut Pro SN full retail?

Thanks all and for the wonder help.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds