Private Classifieds listings from 2006 - Page 142 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #2116
Capt. Quirk

Sorry, I thought you were talking about video monitors, not the audio kind. Does it have a monitor at all, or would I need to find one?
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #2117
Trustee

Matt, I have a Panasonic dv-2000, $1,100.00 This has the shuttle, removable control panel, instruction book, three pro tapes, remote. Bob RSafay@aol.com
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #2118
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Roberts
Software left installed (other than stock included software):
Final Cut 5 Studio, Photoshop CS, MS Office, 2 Garageband jam packs.
Hi Bryan. If you're no longer using that software and intend to transfer the license to the buyer then this is certainly a great deal. But otherwise any software which you still plan to use on another machine should be removed from the Mini before the sale, as your license requires. Sorry to be picky, but DVinfo can't get involved with the sale of unlicensed software.
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #2119
Major Player

Ah - well it doesn't come with Audio or Video monitors. Just the list of items. It DOES have as you notice, a never been used Apple mighty mouse and keyboard which no mac mini comes with. You WILL need speakers and a video monitor though just like normal mac mini purchases. The final pic was just for illustrative purposes of what this thing can do or be setup with :) .

Boyd - if I purchased the upgrade for my previous 5.0 version which was on the mac mini to 5.1 for the dual core g5, does that make leaving 5.0 on the mini legit? Thanks for alerting me to the problem -
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #2120
Major Player

Ooo, I am very interested
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #2121
Wrangler

Quote:
if I purchased the upgrade for my previous 5.0 version which was on the mac mini to 5.1 for the dual core g5, does that make leaving 5.0 on the mini legit? Thanks for alerting me to the problem -
No, it does not. You have to stop using the software because the 'upgrade' is just that, not a completely separate copy of the software.

Or, the correct thing to do is remove the software and put the machine in a stock configuration for sale if you intend to use 5.1 on your new machine. I don't mean to answer for Boyd but this has to be clarified ASAP so Chris can't get into legal trouble for the reasons Boyd mentioned.

regards,

-gb-
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #2122
Major Player

Ah very good then. Definitely don't want to cause problems for one of my favorite boards. Then I'll modify the post to reflect the changes....

Thanks guys.
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #2123
Wrangler

See Apple's FCS license here: http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/finalcutstudio51.pdf

Quote:
Updates: If an Apple Software update completely replaces (full install) a previously licensed version of the Apple Software, you may not use both versions of the Apple Software at the same time nor may you transfer them separately.
I'm sure you will find this to be true of other software products as well...
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #2124
Wrangler

Quote:
Ah very good then. Definitely don't want to cause problems for one of my favorite boards. Then I'll modify the post to reflect the changes....

Thanks guys.
And thank you Bryan for being so honest. It helps everyone.

-gb-
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #2125
Major Player

Out of curiosity, which camera are you using?
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #2126
Major Player

XL2. Found it difficult to balance and I am not strong enough to make it work well.

In any case the Glidecam is now sold. Thanks to all who replyed for your interest.
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #2127
Inner Circle

I can't understand the shoulder support, what does it do. Sorry for the ignorance!

Mike
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #2128
Major Player

hey mike.

the shoulder support will make a hand-held setup a little easier to lug around.

i'm going to take pics of the rig tonight for a prospective buyer, but i think this picture should clarify things...
http://www.cavision.com/pictures/HVX200/MB4169H2.htm
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:24 AM   #2129
Slash Rules!

FS: Canon XL1s

Hello, all. I am attempting to sell my XL1s, to join the "slightly better SD revolution"--to get an XL2.

So here's the deal--

I got this camera around the beginning of 2002. It's got, to the best of my estimation, between 150-200 hours on it. In 2004, I took it in to Professional Audio and Video Service, in Houston, to have it looked at, cause I noticed it was not always reading timecode off tapes, when used as a deck (yes, I'm sorry, I used to do that, have not done it since then). It had some repairs done, specifically --they replaced the pinch roller, supply reel, tension assembly brake, tension arm assembly. They also adjusted tape tension, cleaned tape paths, and performed functional check.

Since this time, I have not used it as a deck, and I've maybe used it for five minutes total, for field playback. It mostly lives in its Kata bag, or sits on a tripod in my room.

The stock lens is flawless, and has mostly sat on a shelf, as I use the manual lens almost exclusively. There are a few dings around the handle area, just regular wear and tear. Other than that, it looks pretty nice. I had a small piece of velcro glued to the bottom, right near the screw holes for tripod plates, for a handheld rig I used to use sometimes.

The biggest flaw on this camera is on the body, where the viewfinder attaches. I don't know how this happened, but two little "pins" that keep the "wheel" on the body attached are broken. This doesn't affect anything, so far as I know, because there are four screws that do the same job. I took that piece apart several times to attach rubber grommets, to make it less likely to come loose. I'm assuming the pins snapped during one of those occasions. It's probably something you'd never notice unless you took that piece apart yourself, and that part of the body is not at all loose or anything.

I have the manual, and lens literature, as well as all the accessories that orginally came with the camera. I'm throwing a system isolator (which moves the viewfinder assembly forward about two inches, to keep camera noise from picking up on the onboard mic, and also, makes it better balanced for handheld work, which is the reason I got it) , to make it a little sweeter (I know, it ain't much).

So, there you have it. I have a certain price I'm aiming for, and I'd rather just take offers via email, and see what people are willing to pay. If I don't get what I'm lookin for, it'll go up on ebay. If I still don't get what I'm lookin for, I'll come slinking back here like a dirty schmuck, and try again.

I'm going to leave this up for a week before it goes to ebay.

Houston members, if you're interested, we can meet somewhere and you can inspect it in person.

Questions/comments/snide remarks, email joshbass at sbcglobal dot net

CHRIS: I have images I'd attach if the forum'd let me. I read the other thread about image attachment, and I seem to be missing something. I've been here forever, and I'm signed in, and I still don't see it.
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:04 AM   #2130
Regular Crew

No, you tell us what you're roughly looking to get first ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds