Private Classifieds listings from 2006 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #391
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
So, what makes it worth so much more than the Sony Z1? For twice the price would I get twice the quality?
Dave
Hello Dave,
I have discovered that price and performance is nearly never linear.
Will a car have double top speed if you pay the double? Usually not.
To me the Sony Z1 was never considered at all. I demanded changable lens, appreciated longer telephoto, liked separated rubber hinged microphone and 25F among other features. And of course the better ergonomics by a shoulder camera if you like to take steady shots. My choice was between Canon and JVC and I am glad I waited for the Canon.

But if you go to the lumber yard you could make a great deal. A log piece with double thickness will cost you less than the double price and be able to carry four times load (if I remember right) compared to the cheaper one! There you could make a great deal by paying the double.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist to answer this. It is like comparing apples and oranges, which one suits you best? Both cameras are following the 1080i HDV-2 standard so likely the picture quality shouldn't differ extremely much.
By buying the Canon you will get a much more bulky camera. So if you like to take it with you on a mountineering walk you nearly cannot carry both the H1 and your hiking stuff (I will try this anyway). You will need a backpacker for the video alone. So here the Sony shines and will be much more easy.

Decide yourself! I suggest you write a list what is important (zoom lens, battery time, ergonomics, viewfinder, resolution etc and give it points (1-10) for each camera. Then multiply with an importance (1-10) factor (which is same for all cameras for you). Add and you can easily compare which one you should buy, good luck!

Example:

Picture quality: Canon = 8 x picture quality importance = 7 => 56.

Price: Canon = 3 x low price importance =4 => 12
Total is 68 for Canon.

And do so on for both cameras. This method is very usuable for many descisions like selecting house, buying car etc.
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #392
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carter
I'm interested in this. You near Glasgow? Ideally like to inspect if you're close, before handing over dosh.
im just outside glasgow (Lenzie)
your welcome to come see the camera anytime you like
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #393
Regular Crew

will pm you
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #394
New Boot

i suppose this would be a good time to admit to not knowing how to access my pm's hehe
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #395
Regular Crew

Now that you mention it neither do I... Actually re-reading the options it was an "email you" option, but you clearly havent got them... (I've sent two) You can contact me on carter@fightdirector.com and we can discuss it by email. If you send your tel number I'll email you tonight and call you tomorrow. thanks
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #396
New Boot

email sent.
Old January 28th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #397
Regular Crew

Who, if you don't mind asking, did you end up selling this to?
Someone from HERE or from someplace elsewhere?

I'm asking because I feel that I'm going to find myself in a similar situation awfully soon.

Cheers. Thanks!
Old January 28th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #398
Regular Crew

FS: Canopus ADVC 300 A/D Converter

I'm selling my Canopus ADVC 300 Advanced Digital Video converter. You can see the specs here:

http://www.canopus.com/products/ADVC300/index.php

I've had this unit about 4 months (purchased from VideoGuys.com), but haven't used it much. I used it as a A/D converter and captured 3 VHS tapes. I also used it as a way to view video on my production monitor. It is in perfect condition. I have the original box and all the accessories that came with it. (I can take pictures if anyone is interested)

I'm selling it because I bit the bullet and purchased a DSR-11 (love it). I now use it as my A/D converter and external monitor video device.

Price is $400 shipped. I will accept PayPal, Money Order or Cashiers Check.

Email me at sheila (at) stormimagery.com if interested.

Thanks!
Old January 28th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #399
New Boot

FS: VX2100 and century optics lens

Sony DCR-VX2100
original box and all the items like new condition
asking $1900 OBO incl shipping in the U.S.

used for 13 tapes (only the sony premium)
I use it to shoot home movies and not used for playback

reason for selling is I picked up a HDR-FX1 to replace it
I am a photographer for a living so I am critical of the quality of image I record even for home movies ;)

also for sale: $325 like new OBO incl shipping within the U.S.
Century Precision Optics DS-65CV-SB 0.65x Wide Angle Converter Lens - for Sony DSR-PD150/170, DCR-VX2000/2100 & DSR-250 Camcorders (Bayonet Mount)
if you want to look it up at B&H# CEDS65CVSB sells new for $ 399.95

Also for sale: $225 OBO incl Shipping in the U.S.
Century Precision Optics DS-55WA-58 0.55x Reversible Wide Angle Adapter Lens - 58mm (Screw Mount)
Mfr# DS55WA58 • B&H# CEDS55WA58 sells new for $ 269.95

if purchased together
$2350 including 2nd day air shipping insured

will also include if purchased as a package
Rycote Mini Windjammer - for Sony DCR-VX1000, DCR-VX2000 and DCR-VX2100 Microphones B&H# RYMWS60 new sells for $ 50.00

more photos here
http://www.chaddahlquist.net/vx2100

new here on dvinfo ;)
but on www.fredmiranda.com quite a bit and have good resale reports there :)
also on http://forums.robgalbraith.com/ubbthreads.php
and on www.digitalweddingforum.com but its a private pay forum

PayPal is OK
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:24 AM   #400
Regular Crew

Looking for a couple starter tripods

Hey all,

I need a couple starter level fluid head tripods. Posting this to see if anyone has anything that they aren't using. I'm on a fairly tight budget for these, but I realize you get what you pay for. If you have a head, tripod, or set you aren't using. Then let me know what you would take for them. I have 2 dvc30's so I don't need a big head, a used bogen 701rc2 type head would be ideal for my needs. I can get a new 701rc2/3011 combo from b&h for $204 + shipping. To save you all time, I most likely wouldn't be interested in anything that cost more than that.

Also, please don't flood my email with these. I'm sure a lot of people have an old tripod they don't use and I don't want to read 35 emails about this. Please list the brand/model and your price in this thread.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:37 AM   #401
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon T Jackson
Hey all,

I need a couple starter level fluid head tripods. Posting this to see if anyone has anything that they aren't using. I'm on a fairly tight budget for these, but I realize you get what you pay for. If you have a head, tripod, or set you aren't using. Then let me know what you would take for them. I have 2 dvc30's so I don't need a big head, a used bogen 701rc2 type head would be ideal for my needs. I can get a new 701rc2/3011 combo from b&h for $204 + shipping. To save you all time, I most likely wouldn't be interested in anything that cost more than that.

Also, please don't flood my email with these. I'm sure a lot of people have an old tripod they don't use and I don't want to read 35 emails about this. Please list the brand/model and your price in this thread.

Thanks,
Brandon
hello brandon,

i know the question is, what was first, the chicken or the egg,

but i think the tripod is the most important item. "saving" here will effect everything you do. my 2 cents

greetings
Old January 29th, 2006, 01:26 AM   #402
Inner Circle

Option- Low End new Velbon 607

Okay, I know you need good legs and a fluid head, for shooting, but for a smaller light weight camera, you might want to take a look at the Velbon Videomate 607 as a temporary fix. They have a Velbon Vel-Flo 9 PH-368 head on them. I have two of them I bought at Frys for under $80 apiece, and they respond an work pretty well, even with my heavier Sony FX1. The heads move pretty smoothly. I definitely know I will be going to a better tripod in the future but these are not bad for a cheap tripod system.

BH sells them here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=146249
Old January 29th, 2006, 01:58 AM   #403
Regular Crew

about the velbon...

Karl,

I think it must be the egg. Now what kind of cross-breeding had to happen to do this is another question, or you could bring God into it, but I'm sure it was the egg. I know what you're saying Carl, unfortunately I will be going handheld if I don't get a tripod of some kind. If money wasn't an option I might get one of the O'Conner tripods I've heard about.

Chris,

I hope you stop back by and get a chance to read this. Can you take the heads off of your tripod? If so I may try a couple of these. If they aren't what I'm looking for I could replace the heads with something nicer, the whole set is cheaper than the legs I've been pricing. My understanding is that the head basically determines how smooth it pans and tilts, am I right? If so I'm in a win/win situation. By the way I need these to shoot weddings, if that changes anything.

Brandon
Old January 29th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #404
Inner Circle

Tripods

Brandon

Actually, the heads are the best part. Feel pretty smooth. The legs are just adequate. I ve used this tripod at various event and weddings, and if you get it set up right, they will do a good job. Don't plan on using the crank to lift to high, it starts to get shakey..

I haven't tried to detach head from legs, I think its intended to be a one piece unit.
Old January 29th, 2006, 02:48 AM   #405
Regular Crew

i need two tripods...

Chris,

I will be manning one of the cameras at the weddings, it will come off the tripod at times for some handheld. I may get one of the velbons for my unmanned setup. I think it would do fine just holding a shot while I get creative with the other one and cut between them in post. That way I could go ahead and get a better tripod and work on replacing the velbon in the future. Thanks for the info, I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but your imput is appreciated.

Brandon
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds