Private Classifieds listings from 2006 - Page 287 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old November 14th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #4291
Regular Crew

Still for sale?

Do you still have this for sale?
Old November 14th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #4292
Wrangler

It's $400 brand-new.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

I'll offer $250.
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #4293
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott
It's $400 brand-new.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

I'll offer $250.
I paid more then $400.00, I don't really deal with BH but that does look like my lens.

This is where I purchased mine, like brand new how about $330.00. Where in Philadelphia are you located?
http://www.4videoequipment.com/video...D10U,+GYDV300U
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #4294
Major Player

Ben,

Is this still available?

Michael
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:43 AM   #4295
Major Player

Hey Mekhael,

Didnt get your email... please send again

"greatballofnayman@hotmail.com"
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #4296
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ashton
I paid more then $400.00, I don't really deal with BH but that does look like my lens.

This is where I purchased mine, like brand new how about $330.00. Where in Philadelphia are you located?
http://www.4videoequipment.com/video...D10U,+GYDV300U
I'm about 20 minutes outside center city. I'll be near the King of Prussia mall on the 21st for the GPVA Film Festival. You should try and make it out. www.GPVA.com

If you have trouble selling it get back to me if/when your interested in my original offer. Thanks.
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #4297
Regular Crew

your FX-1

Hi Jon,

I see you are selling an FX-1. You mention in your post that you used it for 2 weddings. I'm in the process of starting a company that will do a lot of weddings and was considering getting a FX-1. I've heard they (all the new HDV cams) aren't as light sensative as they should be for weddings. Someone on the wedding board even said that they had a FX-1 and sold it to go back to his PD170s for the light sensitivity. I'm leaning toward getting a PD170/Vx2100 combo, but I'm VERY interested in hearing comments from anyone that has done weddings with the FX-1.

How did the FX-1 do at the weddings you shot?

Don Bazley
Ithaca, NY
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #4298
Regular Crew

Glenn,

Do you still have the VX 2100? I've been on the fence deciding what to get for my new business (that will do a lot of weddings so light sensitivity is important). I've been toying with getting the FX-1 but some have said that at this point, for weddings, we are better to stick to the PD170s and VX2100s. I'm looking to get one PD170 and one VX2100. Do you think that sounds like a good place to start?

I am interested in your VX. I'm looking to get a PD170 and use the VX as the second cam. Do you still have it?

-Don Bazley
Ithaca, NY
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #4299
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott
I'm about 20 minutes outside center city. I'll be near the King of Prussia mall on the 21st for the GPVA Film Festival. You should try and make it out. www.GPVA.com

If you have trouble selling it get back to me if/when your interested in my original offer. Thanks.
im gonna ebay it because im in Oxford valley now but $250.00 is kinda low I just found 1 on ebay that made $300 something plus shipping.

Im not gonna be here on the 21rst for that festival I have to be in Costa Mesa for a shoot.
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #4300
Major Player

I'm interested. Sending you a PM.
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #4301
Inner Circle

Nerses,

Sent you two emails, but no response. What is your price?

Mike
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #4302
Old Boot

Paul? You have email!! - G
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #4303
Trustee

...bump...

Last edited by Rafael Lopes; November 15th, 2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:51 PM   #4304
Regular Crew

Don,
I have no intention to mislead you with bias towards the FX1, but in my cases I thought it performed wonderfully. To caveat that however, I had almost complete control over the conditions the camera was being used in and did not need to worry about being surprised by poor lighting. I am not a professional wedding videographer (only a really technical guy that enjoys video and photography for pleasure and some part-time jobs) and purchased this camera along with an HVR-A1U for my own personal wedding and my brothers. For my wedding, an experienced shooter and his partner did all the camera work on the day, but I was very proactive with the planning and knew what to expect at both the Church and reception hall. I know that professionals that are doing a wedding a week or more are not always working in familiar territory and need to be prepared for the worst, but in reality some good planning with the bride and groom can mitigate many of the problems you hear in the war stories.
I actively read the posts on the wedding forum as well and there are a lot of extremely intelligent and experienced people here that know what they are talking about (whom I really don't want to contradict). I think that the advice you have heard regarding the low light is correct if you want to equip yourself to be best prepared for low light; I'm sure the FX1 cannot match the output of the PD series in that regard. In my situation, I felt the significant gain in resolution and flexibility in post by far outweighed the low-light advantage and that the capability of the FX1 and the A1U were sufficient for my expectations. Just my opinion. Sorry if this doesn't help at all.

On a tangent, there is a discernable difference between the HDR-FX1 and the HVR-A1U in less than desireable lighting with the FX1 being more suitable.
Old November 15th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #4305
Regular Crew

what thread size?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds