DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Private Classifieds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/)
-   -   Private Classifieds listings from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/14354-private-classifieds-listings-2006-a.html)

Jun Galinato January 11th, 2006 01:40 AM

FS: Slightly used VX2100

Hello everyone, I am selling my almost brand new VX2100 camcorder with all the accessories and original box. I mainly used it as back-up for my PD170. I shoot about 5 weddings and 3 Birthdays with it. Yes, it's low hours, I am not a full time videographer. It wasn't used as a deck since I have a cheap TRV25 as a deck. I'm gonna be upgrading to HD soon and I will sell my PD170 later. Most of the accessories, if not all, have never used at all. I bought it at B&H last August 17, 2004 at $2,349.95. I am selling it for $1800 plus shipping. I accept Paypal or Money Order. I am a verified paypal holder and 100% Feedback at Ebay with an ID junprostar. For a buyer that can pick up at my place, I will include a free Bogen Tripod with 501 head and tripod soft case. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. Thank you.

Jun

Eniola Akintoye January 11th, 2006 01:54 AM

Marcus,
Do you custom make Rod support systems and if you do, how much can you make one for, and what will the features of the rod support be?

Evan C. King January 11th, 2006 03:01 AM

I'll trade you for my DVX100a. I just need to see a picture first.

Evan C. King January 11th, 2006 03:02 AM

If you can't sell it I'll trade you just the Z1 it'self for my dvx100a.

Marcus Marchesseault January 11th, 2006 03:33 AM

Eniola, sorry, I have yet to make my first rod system and I doubt if I could make it as a profitable business. I am a good DIY guy, but I don't have the facilities for quantity manufacturing.

Sarena, the rods are smaller than 5/8" and I'm guessing that they are within the tolerance of 15mm rod systems. These things all seem to work on friction clamps, so a bit of play is an assumption in all their designs. Regardless, I would love the opportunity to try a device that mounts on 15mm rods but they are all too expensive. Even a simple lens support is about $100.

Dean, aloha bruddah! I've seen many bits of your show on OC16 (I get squirrely during the actual catch). Hey, I just realized that there are no squirrels in Hawaii, so that reference may be totally useless here! For everyone else, it is a VERY well-produced local show. It is far more interesting than any other fishing show I saw on the mainland. Considering that the whole state of Hawaii is a smaller viewing market than most major cities, this show is done surprisingly well on what must equal a shoestring budget for any other market. If I wasn't a bit squeamish about fishing, I would probably be hitting you up for a job! :) Anyway, the rods are at Fiberglass Hawaii off of Dillingham if you are interested. If they are .08mm too large, I'm sure they will fit any 15mm accessories. If they are a tiny bit too large, a quick swipe of some 400grit sandpaper should do the trick.

For everyone, I just compared these carbon rods to 5/8" wood dowels and they are a hair smaller. I wish I had the calipers that Dean mentions, but I'll send my 16" leftovers to someone for free if you can test them with 15mm rod system components and give me your results.

Marcus Marchesseault January 11th, 2006 03:42 AM

How much for just the 501 head? That's quite a bonus for saving money on shipping! :) I want to go to a standard head for my tripod, monopon, and future DIY jib. The 501 seems to have what I want as there is a monopod mount for the same plate the 501 uses. Once I settle on a tripod head, I can buy the shoe mounts with the same plate. I've used the 501 and it seems just fine for me. I probably wouldn't need the sticks so shipping to Hawaii via USPS shouldn't be too expensive for just the head. Just for the sake of curiosity, what model number are the legs?

Dean Sensui January 11th, 2006 03:57 AM

Hi Marcus...

Thanks so much for the generous comments of our show. We're always working to make it better. We try to avoid showing "batting practice" at the back of the boat or too much of the messy stuff, and concentrate on people having a good time. For us what makes the difference is the people who are participating, more than the act of fishing itself.

And, yes, it's a shoestring budget. Our credit list consists of three names. All three of us shoot, including the host of the show -- who doubles as the show's writer. Two of us edit. I do the website. Another one is the expert in the business of broadcasting, etc. But so far we're paying our bills so we're counting our blessings!

Regarding the rods, I used similar rods to make three-pronged and four-pronged pole spears. So I can attest that, yes, these things are pretty light and darn stiff! If anyone needs to make them stiffer, it's a simple matter of filling them with a mix of epoxy and milled fibers or microballoons.

There are different sizes. The last one I got, which might have actually come from a different supplier, is just a shade under 16mm in diameter. I can stop by Fiberglass Hawaii this week with a pair of calipers to measure what's there if anyone's interested.

And I know Fiberglass Hawaii all too well. I've gone there to get supplies for boat repairs and a bunch of other things regarding epoxies and related supplies.

Andy Peterson January 11th, 2006 07:28 AM

Canadians?

Are there any Canadians (preferably in Ontario or Quebec) that would be interested?

I would prefer to do the trade in person and I am able to drive wherever needed.

Thanks!

Ryan Graham January 11th, 2006 08:17 AM

Hi Andy,

I don't live in Quebec, but the trade still interests me. Unfortunately, I honestly have no idea how much extra cash to offer. I know that altogether my GL2 (with the batteries, case, and wide angle lens) is probably worth about $1750, but I'm not sure how much a used XL1s is worth. Maybe if you could e-mail me a general range you were looking at, I could tell you if it was possible for me to meet your expectations for the trade.

Thanks,
Ryan

Bogdan Apetri January 11th, 2006 08:37 AM

Thanks, let me know when you decide!

John Inman January 11th, 2006 11:17 AM

My Z1 for your HC1 + cash or trade

Sony HVR-Z1 purchased new November 2005. Less than 2 hours of shooting, less than 4 hours of playback.

Absolutely like new, with all packaging and manuals.

It is far more camera than I need.

email me at pidv@bellsouth.net

Perry Normore January 11th, 2006 11:57 AM

Interested - Is it still for SALE?

Definitely interested however your craigslist post has expired. Would like to see the product before I buy.

Have you sold it yet???

Mihai Meda January 11th, 2006 12:20 PM

Interested in your PAL DVX100.
Did you sell it?
I sent a private message as well...

Jong Bae January 11th, 2006 01:51 PM

vx2100

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Forbes
Still looking. Please email me if you have one for sale.
Thanks!
samueltforbes@yahoo.com

I have sony VX2100 since last March.
Having wide conversion lens, filters,battery charger and battery pack which is not working as before.
Except, every thing is in very good condition.
If any inquiry, mail me to jake0318@gmail.com.

Sam Forbes January 11th, 2006 02:17 PM

Sorry, this was from a year ago and I was looking for a friend. He bought one last year. thanks anyways