Private Classifieds listings from 2005 - Page 193 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:05 AM   #2881
Regular Crew

The selling price for a Canon GL2 these days?

Hello board, my name is David Woodland. I am an independent filmmaker from Louisville, Kentucky. I used to post on this board quite a bit but lately I've been very busy with work. Anyway, to my question.

I have a Canon GL2 that I picked up exactly 2 years ago. I've probably put about 15-20 tapes through it. I really haven't used it as much as I thought I would. What would most people be interested in buying this camera for, now that there are HD cameras on the market and such? I have one more small commercial I am doing for this company here in my town, but after I am finished with that, I have no intentions of keeping the camera. My plan is to sell the camera off and put the money towards Film School. I just graduated from Louisville Technical Institute with an Associates Degree in Computer Graphic Design. Now I want to attend Film School.

Okay guys and gals, let me know what you think.

Thank you

David Woodland
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:20 AM   #2882
New Boot

Still available will let it all go for $400 plus shipping.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 04:22 PM   #2883
Regular Crew

FS: GL1/GL2/XL1/XL2 Accessories

Selling these extra accessories from a XL1 rig (XL1 was stolen -- this is all that remains).

Make me a reasonable offer...

Canon Dual Battery Charger CH-910
Canon CA-910 Charger unit
Canon DC-900 Coupler
Canon Wireless Controller WL-D2000

Thanks,
--Jim
Old October 23rd, 2005, 05:57 PM   #2884
Regular Crew

FS: Canon XL2 Package

Hi Guys -

I'm selling my Canon XL2, along with the items listed below, because I have been working with 16mm film and have hardly used it. Total, the heads have been run no more than 5 hours. All items were bought new, by me, except for the tripod which was bought used from an original owner. The camera is in mint condition, along with the lens, batteries, accessories, etc. The tripod is in very good condition. I will include the original receipt (from Zotz digital) and all warranty cards with the purchase. I also still have the original boxes that everything came in. Please feel free to email me with any questions or offers, or send me an email with your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Items list (everything in mint condition, except for the tripod, which is in very good condition):

Canon XL2 body - under 5 hours use
14x manual lens (with originally included Canon lens bag and ND 8 filter)
Kata CCC-10 bag
Mack 4-year warranty
All standard XL2 accessories included with the original camera purchase (battery, battery charger, AC adaptor, remote control, etc)
TA-100 Tripod Adaptor
Bogen-Manfrotto 516 head / 515 legs (with Manfrotto carrying bag)
an extra, longer-life battery (Lenmar LIC941)
5 Panasonic 63PQ mini-DV tapes
UV filter
and a Panasonic head-cleaner tape (AYDVMCLA)

As you can see, this is basically a complete XL2 shooting package.

So, I would like to sell it as a package for $4500 Or Best Offer. However, I might be willing to split it up. Send me an email if you are interested. Actual shipping costs will be paid by the buyer.

If you are in the Chicago area, you could come by and look at the camera for yourself.

Thanks!

EDIT: here is a link to the tripod: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

The soft-case I have looks different from the one they show included with this, and it only comes with one pan-handle. Otherwise, this is the set-up, with the 100mm ball-leveler included.

Last edited by Joel Guy; October 24th, 2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 06:08 PM   #2885
Regular Crew

Fair Price

David,

I've recently sold my 18 month old Canon GL2 for $1400 right here on this board. I threw in the camera carrying case and some extra filters. This price, I feel, is fair for a mint-condition GL2. Why? A brand new GL2 only costs $1900 or so. This price, minus the $250 factory rebate, comes down to about $1700 (after tax and everything). This means you've only paid $300 or so for 18 months of usage. That's a pretty damn good deal, considering the rental prices on these 3CCD cams.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 06:13 PM   #2886
Major Player

I used a mini35 today, and trust me...there's a world of difference. The precision with which these things are made (and the investment you need to make in lenses) makes the $8000 price tag seem shockingly reasonable.

By the way, the mini35 rocks my world.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM   #2887
Regular Crew

sold it...

GL-2 is now sold!
Old October 23rd, 2005, 07:35 PM   #2888
Major Player

PowerMac Dual 2.5Ghz G5 upgraded for video editing

Hello all,

I recently placed an order for a PowerMac Quad G5, hence I am selling off my current PowerMac G5 setup. The specs are as follows:

PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5Ghz
3.5GB DDR400 RAM
410GB SATA HD space
ATI Radeon X800 XT Graphics Card
Pioneer Dual-Layer Optical Drive
Apple 23" HD Cinema Display (ADC version)

I'm also including the following software:

Mac OS X Tiger
iLife '05
Production Suite (Final Cut Pro HD, Motion, DVD Studio Pro, etc.)(I never registered the software, so you can do this)

And finally I have extended AppleCare till November of 2007.

I used this machine mainly for video editing and motion graphics work (hence the hardware upgrades to the machine). It is all completely covered under Applecare and everything is in excellent condition. I love this machine and it is extremely fast, but with the Quad G5 and 30" display on order, I have no need to have this machine anymore.

Let me know if your interested. Thanks. I'm looking for $4100 for everything - plus no tax :-)
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #2889
New Boot

K & M Stands for Music Distributed by Ultimate extends 3.5 to 12.5
I will gladly email pics, if you like.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #2890
Regular Crew

What is your email address?
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #2891
Regular Crew

would you consider $1250? I see the firm, but still thought I would offer...
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:51 AM   #2892
New Boot

Where to buy in New York

Hi there,

I expect that I'm going to New York in december, (I'm from Denmark), and i want to buy either a JVC GY-HD100 or a Panasonic AG-DVX100. I wondered if anyone knew any good stores in NY where I can find these products in PAL versions and in stock, because I'm going to move on after a few days only.

Regards

Anders
Old October 24th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #2893
Major Player

No, that's too low, that's basically giving it away. the camera is practically brand new. The lowest I would go was $1450 plus shipping. Remember your not paying for ebay junk, but a perfect working camera, that will last for a long time.
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #2894
Still Motion

Boyd, I think your confused with the terminology or you confused the Apple staff when you called. I have had applecare transferred several times over the past four years without a problem. However, you cannot transfer the applecare you purchase from one machine, to a new machine that you purchase at a later date Say you have one year left of warranty and you decide to get something new, they won't let you trade the warranty from the old machine your selling to the new one you bought.
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #2895
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Obbekjaer
Hi there,

I expect that I'm going to New York in december, (I'm from Denmark), and i want to buy either a JVC GY-HD100 or a Panasonic AG-DVX100. I wondered if anyone knew any good stores in NY where I can find these products in PAL versions and in stock, because I'm going to move on after a few days only.

Regards

Anders
hello anders,

B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/?BI=155

go to their web site first, because they have a lot of holidays during the christmas season.

greetings
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds