Private Classifieds listings from 2005 - Page 203 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM   #3031
New Boot

Sorry but I need to sell it with the camera.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 04:04 PM   #3032
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williamson
Hey all,

Looking to sell my XL1 with the XLR attachment.
This camera is in great condition and the lens does NOT have any imperfections at all. I used it last week and everything is in perect working order.

If you are interested, please e-mail me to discuss pricing. I'm also willing to work out a trade for a SONY VX2000.

Thanks for your time,
hello mark,

what kind of attachment?

greetings
Old November 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM   #3033
Inner Circle

I had a GL1 for years. It's a great camera, but to tell you the truth, I'd probably go for an Optura 60 instead. For one thing, I don't think Canon's even going to continue servicing the GL1 for much longer. The Optura is sharper, has native 16:9, and most importantly, a manually adjustable audio meter. I can't stress that last item enough. Trying to get good sound out of the GL1 is almost an exercise in futility.

True, you don't have the ability to set the aperature and shutter speed independently, but with the Opturas you do have aperature and shutter priority modes, and the ability to lock and adjust the exposure. It's basically the same thing, but in aperature priority mode for instance, when you adjust the exposure you don't know exactly what the shutter is doing.

The biggest advantage to the GL1 is low light. They both take about the same amount of light to get a good image, but when the light levels drop much below that on the Optura the picture gets completely unuseable really fast. The GL1 is no great shakes in low light, but you can push it a little more. Also, I like the layout of the controls on the Optura a little better as well.

Just my two cents. Sorry Jeremiah. :)
Old November 2nd, 2005, 04:25 PM   #3034
New Boot

Hello Karl,

The camera comes with:

power cables
one battery
power adapter (to 12volt battery pack)
the MA-100 microphone adapter

Mark
Old November 2nd, 2005, 04:30 PM   #3035
New Boot

I'll take the KATA bag if you are still willing to part with it on this forum.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM   #3036
Still Motion

I've dealt with Mark before and I can vouch for his credibility, which can help since many people may hesistate since he is a new user of the forum.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:08 PM   #3037
Regular Crew

Hi Ben,

I actually already listed it on eBay, as part of a package with everything else except the tripod, which has now been sold.

The auction starts tonight at 7 central time.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but thanks for the interest.

There was a Kata CCC-10 on eBay recently, with a Buy it now price of $125. I'm not sure if it is still there, but you might want to check that out.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:27 PM   #3038
New Boot

Looking to buy a GL1

I'm looking to spend around a $1,000 USD for a GL1 in good condition. If anyone has anything let me know through here or at my email address: Alex@lonemanmovies.com
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:29 PM   #3039
Trustee

Your 14X lens at 575$ was really a great deal. I'm surprised no one jumped on it. I bought mine last year for 800 $ and I really think that the 14X lens is a better lens than the 16X Manual... Good luck on eBay!
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM   #3040
Regular Crew

Thanks, Jean-Philippe.

I too was surprised no one was interested in the 14x. I think some of the hesitation comes from the fact that the lens has been discontinued, though Canon still warranties it for a year after purchase and will repair it if something happens to it after that.

For anyone wanting to learn photographic technique, the true manual iris is an important feature.

Since the 14x is out of stock at most reputable online dealers, I think people just getting into the Canon XL-line really have no idea what the 14x is, or that it ever even existed. Hence, maybe, why they aren't really interested in buying one.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:37 AM   #3041
Regular Crew

Schoeps Microphone + MK41, MK21 capsules, etc.

This mic has been well maintained and functions perfectly. This is considered one of the best mics out there and an industry standard for audio/music recording. This particular mic was used by Mick Fowler on the set of CSI.

Up for sale is:

1) Schoeps CMC 5 Microphone Amplifier + original box
2) Bass cutoff extension
3) Schoeps MK41 Supercardioid Microphone Capsule
4) Schoeps MK21 Subcardioid Microphone Capsule
5) 15 ft. Colette Cable (great for hiding the capsule in small places when the shot is wide and perfect for hiding over the visor when you do car interiors)

All in excellent+ condition and kept in a weather-sealed pelican case which is included as well. Asking $2000 for all.

PLEASE EMAIL ME ONLY -- THANKS
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:38 AM   #3042
Regular Crew

Check your email
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:05 PM   #3043
Tourist

Century say they can make a MK1 INT but it's gonna cost $950. That's kind of hundred miles above my budget. Anyone got one of these they are willing to sell or swap for MK2 and some money?
Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:13 PM   #3044
Regular Crew

Wanted: 3x Wide Angle or 16x Manual for XL2

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get either the 3x wide angle lens or the 16x manual lens for the XL2. Anyone out there with one just sitting around collecting dust?

Josh
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:03 PM   #3045
Regular Crew

I've got a GL1 I've been thinking about selling. Wide-angle attachment, beachtek adapter, canon hard case, some other things. I use it more as a deck than as a camera. Works very well. My email is djehall@hotmail.com. Let me know if you're interested. I can send you photos, but it will have to be this weekend before I can shoot any.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds