Private Classifieds listings from 2005 - Page 58 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #856
Regular Crew

No, this is not a sign of things to come. Dell makes these mistakes all the time. Ocassionally they won't honor the code and cancel the order but it rarely happens. Two days ago I ordered a still camera (Canon D20) for 25% off because it came with a Compact Flash card. Dell had put out a 25% discount on all flash cards so at checkout it gave the 25% off for the whole thing.

Enjoy!!! They "will" catch this so do it fast. Check any website out there and you won't find anything below $5,000 or there is a catch. Canon is really good about their dealers keeping a lock on the price.
Old April 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #857
Major Player

Sooooo... just how legit is this coupon number?? And where did it come from? I would hate to purchase an XL2 at such a great discount only to find it was through fraudulant means. Ouch! :-0
Old April 6th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #858
Regular Crew

They post their coupon codes in various places. There's nothing fraudulent about it. If you go to www.slickdeals.net it is a place where people post great sales on the web. This is where I saw it.
Old April 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #859
Regular Crew

I just tried it again to pick up a GL2 and it looks like it's over. You have to be fast on those coupon errors. Sometimes they come back during the day so check back.
Old April 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #860
Major Player

What if you have it in your cart? Will they honor it the next day?

BTW-SlickDeals was very cool. Thanks.
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:00 PM   #861
Regular Crew

I'm not sure about that. I'm one of the few that got one and now I'm not sure if I want it. My wife's not too happy with the purchase. I've got to see if Dell will even let me cancel the order if I need to.

Check that site daily because there's always something great on it.
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #862
New Boot

Just checked it again and it still works. It was a total of $4021.07 (with IL tax, 3-5 day shipping was free).

I checked B&H, they have it for $4299.95.....OneCall has it for $4199.95...us1camera has it for $3795 (i never ordered from us1camera so i dont know if they are legit).

The DELL deal is good. It is still the lowest out there, but my drooling kinda subsided after I saw the other online prices.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll be sticking with my XL1s a little longer. ;)
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #863
Regular Crew

I didn't know Canon was giving a rebate already on these. Crazy!!

I'm on the phone now with Dell who says they won't cancel my order. Looks like my original post did turn into a classified:

FOR SALE: New XL2, not even shipped for $4,058.57

It's supposed to ship on Friday.
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #864
Regular Crew

Still works for me

<<<-- Originally posted by Kent Metschan : I just tried it again to pick up a GL2 and it looks like it's over. You have to be fast on those coupon errors. Sometimes they come back during the day so check back. -->>>

I just tried it with the GL2 and it gave me the $699 discount, though their high price of $2800 only brings it down to $2100. With the $250 rebate, it's $1850. Competitive, but not something I'm going to drop everything for.
Old April 6th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #865
Regular Crew

I am offering an inventory of video equipment.

I will not seperate packages such as the G4 Editing package. Everything that I have listed with it will be purchased. I have the original boxes for everything and the items are ready to be shipped. Email me for the list. There isn't enough room on the forum for it.
Old April 6th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #866
Regular Crew

Klipsch 5.1 Promedia PC speakers

These speakers are incredible and it saddens me to sell them...however due to financial issues I need the money right now. I received them as a gift and they must have been used for at most 2 hours. Comes with all speakers, cables, wires, etc. I'll sell for $275 shipped (sorry, but the sub weighs a TON). or $250 local to San Diego, CA. These are $350 shipped from newegg.com. If you're interested, send me an email.

99.9% of you know how wonderful these are, but for the others, read the personal reviews:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=36-119-106&depa=0
Old April 7th, 2005, 04:22 AM   #867
New Boot

Hi Jim

Can you confirm:

PAL not NTSC
Body with viewfinder but no mic.
No mains unit, charger, batteries, etc.

Thanks

Chris
Old April 7th, 2005, 06:59 AM   #868
Major Player

Yes PAL, not NTSC.

I will include a CA-900 single charger and a BP 945 battery. But the charger is US standard two prong, but 100-240v, 50-60Hz.

The Canon mic will be included as well but it has a small screw or something rolling around inside it. I never used it so I can't vouch for it's integrity.
Old April 7th, 2005, 07:13 AM   #869
New Boot

Thanks for the quick reply. I will e-mail you direct.

Chris
Old April 7th, 2005, 08:14 AM   #870
Major Player

Beachtek SVU-2 VU Meter

Brand new Beachtek SVU-2 multipurpose portable stereo VU meter. This is a replacement for a faulty unit that I no longer have need of because I now monitor audio on my CRT. These retail new at B&H for $134.95, I'm asking $75 plus shipping.

Specs for the item can be found here:http://www.beachtek.com/svu2.html

Contact info: timothy_brwn[at]hotmail[dot]com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds