Private Classifieds listings from 2005 - Page 63 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old April 13th, 2005, 12:39 AM   #931
Wrangler

$325 and counting...
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:13 AM   #932
Regular Crew

I have a GL2 with a Canon WA lens to sell. Ive moved to the world of HD! Its 14months old & working like new. Im in Belgium but I will pay the costs of shipping (in its original box).
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM   #933
Regular Crew

I have a GL2 with a wd58 lens & a original cardboard box! Its yours for $1500 cdn including air freight.

Regards Phil

www.tacx-video.com
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:58 AM   #934
Regular Crew

Sorry, will only consider buying from USA. Thanks
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #935
Regular Crew

Allan- sent you an email- no response. How many hours on the heads?

Rick
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #936
New Boot

$100 now.
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #937
Still Motion

Opinions needed about a Previous Purchase

Helloe everybody

I have kind of a weird situation here so I wanted to ask around and see if I could get some advice.

I bought a 17" powerbook from Torrey Harris off this board about a month ago. It was a reasonable deal and he had everything shipped to me pretty quickly.

When it was received, there were two problems:
1. the fan is off balance, which is a $200 repair.
2. there was a warranty from compusa with the computer but the accompanying paper work was not included and without it, the warranty is useless. After I mentioned the paperwork to him, he said he would mail it out the next day. That was two weeks ago.

Now I have left about three messages about the fan problem as well as the warranty and received no response. I have been very friendly throughout the transaction and would just like these things to be taken care of.

Any ideas on what I can do? Obviously it isn't a huge amount of money ($300 or so) and I did get a reasonable deal on the computer, but it is missing something he said would be included and there is damage that he did not mention (the fan).

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that by posting this here that he may get back to me as well and we can work this out. He has been a member here for a while so I'm a little confused by the lack of response.
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #938
New Boot

sounds like a good price

I got a few questions though...
1) how many hours of use has the camera recieved
2) has it ever needed repairs?
3) is there any remaining warranty on it?
4) is it NTSC or PAL?
5) how can I be assured that this deal will in fact go through if I send you money?

thanks
-andy
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #939
Wrangler

Patrick,

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I can tell you that I have bought a couple items from Torrey and have had no issues. What I can tell you is that Torrey does a lot of hunting video and he is currently away from home shooting one at the time of this writing. Where he is (rural Kansas), there won't be much in the way of computer or cell phone coverage. So, be patient and wait a few days until he gets back home. Then we will see how everything goes.

-gb-

BTW, I would be leery of paying $200 to repair a fan problem. Seems a bit steep to me. Is that Apple's quote?
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #940
Regular Crew

Tha Camera has been sold. Thank's for all the replies.
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #941
Regular Crew

Britt,
check your e-mail.
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #942
Regular Crew

Tiffen 4x4 filters, Firestore, XL2... a lot of stuff

We recently wrapped shooting on an independent feature (http://www.leaveittochance.info), and I am selling most of the equipment we used. All of the equipment was brand new when purchased, and used for exactly 28 shooting days. All of the equipment is undamaged and in perfect working order, unless noted. Basically, I want to sell these at ZGC/B&H price minus a 10-25% depreciaction (depending on the item). I will cut better deals for a large purchase. Feel free to ask me any questions.

I have the following readily available and am taking offers:

Filters and adapters:

Tiffen 4X4 Warm Black Pro Mist 1/2
Tiffen 4X4 Pro Mist 1/2
Tiffen 4x4 Black Diffusion FX 1/2
Tiffen 4x4 Ultra Contrast 1
Nikon F-to-C lens mounting adapter
58mm Haze UV-1 Glass Filter
72mm-58mm Step-Down Ring (Lens to Filter)
AD-5870 +7.0 Achromatic Diopter - 58mm (Screw Mount)

Firestore:

FireStore FS-1, Direct to Edit, DV to Disk Recorder Interface - NTSC
Custom Case for Firestore
NP-1 Style 25w/2-Hour Battery for Firestre (x2)
Videonics Field AC Adapter for Firestore
6' Firewire IEEE1394 4pin/4pin cord

Other:

CAM-PRO 2.4 GHz Camera Mountable Wireless Audio/Video Transmitter and Receiver System
LCD-27 7" 16:9 Portable LCD Monitor/TV, Camera Mountable (we couldn't get this thing color calibrated, but it's fine for framing shots)
Hitachi 60GB/8MB cache 2.5" HD in Ultra mini enclosure (feeds power from Firewire connection, but doesnt work with Firestore. Still a good drive)
L-208 Twin Mate - Analog Incident and Reflected Light Meter

The following will be available for sale within a month, but I will consider offers at this time:

Canon XL-2 NTSC (threading on the bottom screw is stripped, but can be fixed with a kit from a hardware store for under $10)
Canon 16x Manual Lens
Petrol Camcorder Bag for XL-2 with raincover
Tiffen 72mm UV Haze
Chrosziel 4x4 DV Pro Sunshade XL1/2 kit
Chrosziel DV Studio Rig - Follow Focus
Chrosziel Focus Drive for Canon,Angenieux, mod 0.5
Chrosziel flexible shaft- external focus control length 1000mm
Chrosziel LWS for Canon XL2
Chrosziel Center Bracket for use on LWS
Century .6x Wide Angle Adapter for 16x Manual Lens
Mac Mini with Adobe suite, FCP HD, AE, Macromedia suite
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #943
Still Motion

Thanks for the feedback.

That is apples standard pricing but it is in CDN. The part is about $80 then there is labor.

As for torrey, everything seemed to go great and communication was great, thats why im still pretty easy going about everything but he did promise me this three weeks ago and no call back in about 10 days. If he is away then that would make sense. Any idea when he may be back?
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #944
Wrangler

Patrick,

I don't know his exact return date, but he is also going to be at NAB at least part of next week but I would expect that communications access will be much better in Las Vegas. I will be sure to let him know that you are trying to reach him. Did you want to return the computer to him? I'm still trying to imagine what small low voltage DC fan could cost $80usd. But, as you stated, that is Apple's pricing. When you say 'out of balance' are you referring to a specific noise? I ask because it's unusual to have a fan go out of balance unless it has dust caked on one of the blades or one of the blades has been worn down by rubbing against something. I have dealt with many fan failures in my years as a technician in a wafer fab. They usually freeze up, or the bearings go bad and they squeal for a while and then freeze up. I have a brand new Imac G5 that has cooling fans even I was questioning. They seem to have some bearing noise.

We'll get it worked out one way or another.

-gb-
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:44 AM   #945
Still Motion

I say the fan is off-balance because it makes a loud buzzing noise, very loud, when it rotates quickly. I had the same problem with a similiar powerbook a year back, I think it may be a design flaw with this specific model but it is definitely something that needs to be fixed. As for the price, it is apple's pricing, and I believe, it is a dual fan/heatsink piece which might be why it costs more. The whole laptop needs to be torn apart to replace it as well, at least that is what apple tech told me.

As for what I would like to do, he sold me a ocmputer that apparently had warranty and he made no mention of the fan noise. If he gets me the proper documents to transfer the warranty (something that he said he twice he would do three weeks ago, and never did) then I can have the fan fixed under the warranty without a problem. If he cannot provide the documents for the warranty, then I would like the fan fixed, which seems more than reasonable considering a two year warranty has a much higher value than simply fixing a problem that shouldn't be here in the first place. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help.
Patrick
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds