Private Classifieds listings from 2005 - Page 94 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old June 1st, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1396
Tourist

Wanted: Pdx10 Or Gr-hd1

I have $1200 to spend

Ideally, the seller should live in the Tampa bay area so I could make sure the camera's not hollow(I'm in Clearwater Fl)

Anyone?
Old June 1st, 2005, 11:15 AM   #1397
Major Player

Lon Ive never owned or touched an XL so I have no idea if it would fit. May fit with the lens detatched????
Old June 1st, 2005, 11:29 AM   #1398
Major Player

Do you have pictures? Let me know.

Thanks,

Jon
Old June 1st, 2005, 01:08 PM   #1399
Major Player

Jon email me if you want some pics.
Old June 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM   #1400
Wrangler

Gregg, scroll back a few posts and I believe someone has a used PDX10 for sale and they're accepting offers.
Old June 1st, 2005, 04:54 PM   #1401
Regular Crew

I have the 1600 which is slightly larger and the XL-2 would fit only if dismantled. (EVF and mic removed, can't remember if it would require lens removal) I use it for mics and other electronics and got the Porta Brace for the XL-2.

Dan
Old June 1st, 2005, 07:04 PM   #1402
Major Player

Thanks Dan!
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:08 AM   #1403
Major Player

Last chance before Ebay
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM   #1404
Major Player

Motivated seller ... price reduction

Okay, 29 hits and no action. How does $55 sound? Shipping is still included. THAT'S a sweet deal, folks!

E-mail me if you're interested: tjvideo@highstream.net

Thanks,

T.J.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:18 PM   #1405
Major Player

For Sale: Sony PD170 (Almost Mint condition) - SOLD

I have an almost mint condition Sony DSR-PD170 DVCAM camera for sale. It is a wonderful camera in perfect shape and looks brand new. Since I’ve used this camera for about 6 months (210 hours of total use), I’m calling it almost mint condition.

I’m making the switch to a pure HD workflow and will be buying a Sony HVR-Z1U soon. Therefore, I do not need this camera anymore.

I have received a quote from BH Photo to buy back my camera but wanted to list it here first before I accepted their offer. I figure that someone on this forum will appreciate the camera and get a better deal here than buying a new or used PD170 from BH Photo or anywhere else. Also, I will get a better price than they are offering me. Therefore, it will be a win-win for the both of us!

Here are camera statistics:
- Sony DSR-PD170 purchased 9/27/04
- Is a DVCAM camera that can also record and playback miniDV
- Cameras reported hours of use:
Operation 21 x 10H
Drum Run 6 x 10H
Tape Run 4 x 10H
Threading 19 x 10

Here’s what is included:
- DSR-PD170 3-CCD Mini DVCAM Camcorder
- VCL-HG0758 Wide Angle Adapter Lens
- ECM-NV1 Directional Microphone
- NP-F330 Lithium Ion Battery
- RMT-811 IR Remote Control
- Composite Video/Stereo Audio Cable
- Lens Hood with Integral Lens Cap
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens Hood for Wide Angle Lens
- Viewfinder Eye Cup

Price originally paid for camera kit: $3,199.95-$300 rebate=$2,899.95

Also included in this kit (accessories I purchased separately):
- 1 Tiffen 58mm UV protector (Original Price: $11.25)
- 1 Tiffen 58mm Polarizer Filter (Original Price: $19.74)
- 5 Sony 40 minute DVCAM tapes (w/o chip) (Original Price: $64.95)
- 1 Sony PDVM-12CL DVCAM cleaning tape (Original Price: $29.95)
- 1 never used compact Samsonite hard case that just fits camera (Original Price: $60)

Price originally paid for accessories: $185.89

Total price paid: $3,085.84

Here’s what I’m willing to sell all of the above for: $2,700

A search of BH Photo’s website indicates that they currently do not have any used PD170’s for sale. You can visit this BH Photo link to see what they are selling new PD170’s for: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=296545&is=REG

Please note: The camera was supposed to ship with an adapter/charger (listed in manual as an AC-L15 AC Adapter/On-Camera Battery Charger). I could never find these two items in the box. However, that standard charger is of minimal use anyway. I use a Sony fast charger that I purchased separately and will keep since it will work fine with my new HDV camera.

I do not have the original packaging but do have the user’s manual. I will make sure it is safely packaged.

In addition to the purchase price for the above kit, buyer will pay shipping costs--which will include shipping insurance. If you would like photos of the equipment, I will email them to you upon request.

Please email if you’re interested: sayrenature@mac.com. I will provide a phone number so that you can call if you have more detailed questions.

Note: I also have a very-used Sony DCR-VX1000 miniDV camcorder I am selling. Please see my other forum listing (posted below this one on the main Private Classifieds page) for more information.

If you would like, you can make a package offer on both cameras!

I have put up a website with pictures of both cameras. Please visit http://homepage.mac.com/sayrenature/...Personal3.html

Last edited by Jeff Sayre; June 2nd, 2005 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Revision to original Posting
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:55 PM   #1406
Major Player

Hi, is this still available?
Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:00 PM   #1407
Major Player

Hi, is the light and the crane still available?
Old June 2nd, 2005, 08:24 PM   #1408
Major Player

I guess that's a no.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:12 PM   #1409
Major Player

brian...

go to ebay, go to advanced search, search for "canon xl1s" and check the "completed items" checkbox. the search will retun all items sold that match the search descriptor in the recent past. you can gauge how much you could reasonably charge based on what you turn up...
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:06 PM   #1410
Major Player

This PD170 does not have the notorious LCD noise problem

An individual that inquired about my Sony PD170 asked if my camera was a newer model that had fixed the bothersome LCD noise issue that interfered with recording high-quality audio. I did not know about this issue and could not tell him if my PD170 was a "good" one or a "bad" one.

Therefore, Idid some research into this issue and this is what I found:

1. The way you can tell if your PD170 is a good or bad unit is by looking at the serial number located on the bottom of the machine. The serial number ranges for the bad units depend on whether your PD170 is a PAL or NTSC version. Visit this link to find out about the serial numbers http://www.global-dvc.org/html/PD170.asp

2. Fortunately, my PD170 is one of the new, non-noisy ones! Visit my website to see the picture of the serial number that shows my unit is good: http://homepage.mac.com/sayrenature/...otoAlbum4.html

3. For a little more background on the noise issue, visit this site. Please be aware that the article at this link does not correctly discuss the serial number issue as it talks about PAL units only. For more information visit http://www.abcdv.com/article/articleview/237/1/80

So, if your in the market for a new or used Sony PD170 beware! The noise bug is a real concern. Check the unit's serial number before you buy.

Thank you for your interest and good luck with your projects!

Last edited by Jeff Sayre; June 3rd, 2005 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Provide Important Information
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds