Private Classifieds listings from 2004 - Page 159 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old November 17th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #2371
Regular Crew

I’ll take it for sure
Give me an email with your address.. and I’ll send you 20.00 bucks

Thanks
Michael

PS
Is there a super big difference between the books?
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:58 AM   #2372
Regular Crew

haha, well, i asked my friend, and really, he's just looking for anything he can get...:) lol... were in the process of possibly trading the package for a gl2, but if anyone has any other offers, he's open to it!

bump again!!

thanks!
Old November 17th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #2373
Wrangler

Hmmmm Price drop!

Ah lets see....

Pick a number... any number....

$1183.95 cdn!
(firm on this price)

I think that is about $950us, depedning on the dollar fluctuation. From what I understand there is no tax or duty when it gets shipped into the US from Canada, so you could consider that it saves you that tax as well.
And that price includes the vertical grip, batteries and filters. Just like buying it new, but with all the extras included.
Old November 17th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #2374
Regular Crew

I guess the problem is that people can easily get the same camera brand new online (particular on ebay) with many add ons under USD900.

I live in Canada too and I feel for you. We always have to pay a lot more to get something that is less expensive down south
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #2375
Wrangler

Eric
I don't really expect to sell it here to an international market or to anyone who shops online. Beleive it or not, there are still people who buy localy. I was hoping to find a local Vancouver buyer from here for it. London Drugs was selling it for $1400cdn plus tax recently, but I hear they've dropped the price.

The current problem with selling stuff from Canada is not the price from the US, but the fact that the Canadian dollar is now around $1.19us. If it was $1.55 again, then the camera would only be around $750us for the whole thing, a pretty good price even four our friends down south.

FWIW, a Canadian couldn't buy this cheaper in the states from a reputable store. Even B&H's price would be around $950us + $50 shipping x $1.19 exchange + 15% tax, would be around $1350 by the time it got to your door in Canada, so mine would still be $250 cheaper.

I should get off my ass and put it in the local paper. I will.... Tomorrow. :)
Old November 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #2377
Regular Crew

OK 1375, final offer before ebay!

have pics if interested.
Old November 18th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #2378
Regular Crew

how about a gl1 plus cash?
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:58 PM   #2379
Major Player

Can it be adapted for super16?
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #2380
Major Player

apparantly so.
as per google...

I have converted a few R16 to Super 16.
There is lots of problems with this. You will not be able to have the whole frame in viewfinder, the shutter mirror is to small and can not cover the whole S16 filmgate. There has to be some new or modifyed parts made for this. You have to know the R16 camera very very well before anybody start this.
Bjorn Andersson
Beaulieu/Sweden
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:39 PM   #2381
Major Player

and also found this:

i have spent the past day going over everything that would be required for a r16 to rS16 conversion.

for starters, the actual film gate would need to be replaced with a custom machined part. the new part would esentaly be the same as the original, except this one would have a wider track, and obviously a wider gate. a new shutter mirror plate and mirror would also need to be made to fit inside of this new gate. it would utilize the same pully/gear that the original one is attached, which provides the shutter movement.

second, the fogged glass and crosshair glass would need to be replaced with wider pieces. obviously, this glass wil lbe custom made, sort of like you seeing eye glasses, and a new center crosshair would be enscribed, as wel las the normal 16 frame, and the tv safe frame, and the new wide frame(inbetween perf, from edge to edge). the little carraige that holds these pieces of glass would also need to be widened.

the beamsplitter, which sends light to the light sensor, and to the viewfinder, would need to be adjusted forward, or replaced with a new, larger one. i am not certian about this one yet. the existing one might be large enough to accomodate the new frame size if a differant optic was used at the ground glass area. but i am not certain about optics in this regard. none the less, glass/optics will need to be changed so the viewfinder receives the entire image.

now then, the actual mounting turrit will also need to be adjusted. the c-mount will need to be moved to the new center frame to adjust for the s16 new center position. on the rotating turrits. this will be easy. in fact, it might be interesting to create a rotating turrit that can facilitate 3 lenses, so the user merely rotate the selected prime or zoom lens into position.

all said, this is efinatly doable. i am going to have to purchase a mill and lathe and some other tools and bits, as well as aluminim and casting alloys, plastics, rubber, and foam materials to be able to make the parts. i will need to locate a company that makes beamsplitter that are the same size as needed. in fact, i will need ot send the entire assemby to someone familier with optics and have them determine what i will need exactly(i see this as beign the most costly part of the conversion). although machining parts is not cheap, once you have the initial prototypes made, the others come much easier.

its a shame the beaulieu cameras did not use belts. all of these gears inside make for a really noisy camera.

i might end up making a simple, homemade motion picture camera myself, that is rally basic in design, and large in scale. from that point, i may also try to start adding variable functions and adjustments to it using cuting edge, off the shelf items/technologies. over the past 4 months i have taken apart well over 50 cameras, mostly beaulieu and CP. i will also me taking apart an eclair and arri camera this month. i will derive more ideas for a new film camera from these. perhaps i should spring for one of those new a-cam cameras and see hw they desgned thier camera. one thing i beleive they should have done was built a reflex system on-board, as well as a plug and play cmos or ccd video tap. these things are important to most people. the ideal film camera in my opinion would be:

film camera with built in slate marker, video tap, and richter type self collimation device. having these features would greatly reduce the amount of time to film one would have when purchasing such a camera. adding lenses to your collection would not require the camera and lens be sent off to be collimated each time. also, having a plug and play, and easily removable cmos or ccd attachment would allow people to replace their video imaging technology as it advances over the years. so if you currently have a 3 chip 500 line ccd installed, and wanted to replace it with a 800 line one, it should be EASY to do, and not require a complete schemo rewrite. and all parts should be standard, off the shelf items, used for many years, and will continue to be used for may years to follow. to make anything that is propriatary is not being considerate to the future second hand users, or perhaps our chilren or their children in 30-50 years from now. i beleive all items should be created like this, so as trends change and companies go out of business, the products endure and are easily fixed, changed, modified.
Old November 18th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #2382
Regular Crew

Is my price too high. I will entertain all reasonable offers for another week, before I put the camera etc up for sale on that auction site that starts with and e and ends in bay.
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #2383
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Bill Piedra : Is my price too high. I will entertain all reasonable offers for another week, before I put the camera etc up for sale on that auction site that starts with and e and ends in bay. -->>>

bill,

do a search (including completed items) on that site for a similar camera, and you'll find the market value for it
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #2384
Regular Crew

FYI

It's new for $1899 from various shops
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:54 AM   #2385
Regular Crew

Check your e-mail please
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds