FS-UK/EU: Panasonic GH4 Cage at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew
Panasonic GH4 Cage

Created this cage for the Panasonic GH4 a while ago for myself. I have two more at the moment. Maybe some of you guys are interested? It's 3D printed black ABS, but don't let the fact that its plastic fool you. It's very sturdy,has metal 1/4 inch screw holes and a removable handle. Used this myself last week for a wedding.

Price is 85 euro + shipping. I'm located in Netherlands, but shipping abroad is no problem.

Please note: Coldshoe's and tripod plate are not included. Any questions? Please leave a message in this thread.

-Panasonic GH4 Cage made from ABS plastic
-One solid piece for added strength
-All 1/4 inch metal mounting screw holes.
-LCD screen fully rotatable and battery and SD card slot reachable
-Flash is NOT usable when the camera is mounted
-Cable locking for headphones / mic and HDMI cable (it locks the cables, but not the plugs)
-Removable handle with 1/4 inch metal mounting screw holes
-Anti-twist feature when mounting the camera and when mounting tripod plate underneath
-Works with available tripod quick release plates. For example the Manfrotto MN501-PL
-Compatible with Metabones speedbooster

“How strong is ABS plastic?”
-It’s strong but you can break it if you really try or abuse it.

“Is the surface just as smooth / perfect as a CNC machined and powerdercoated metal?”
-No, the ABS plastic is 3D printed so you will see minor imperfections on the surface.

“How is the surface?”
-After printing the ABS gets an acetone treatment to strengthen the surface. This makes the surface also very shiny. However you will see scratches very easily on a shiny surface. Because of this the whole surface is very fine sanded.

“How do I mount my GH4 into this cage?“
-There is a standard 1/4 inch screw underneath to mount your camera

“How do I mount the quick release plate underneath if the screw to mount the camera sticks out of the bottom?
-The screw is slightly lowered / embedded, so it is no problem

“Can I still remove the battery when there is a quick release plate mounted?
-Yes, tested with the Manfrotto MN501-PL

“Can the camera rotate in the cage / will it twist?”
-No, there is anti-twist. The camera will be very solid in place. In addition there is an anti-twist hole when mounting a quick release plate.

“Can I reach all the buttons?”
-Only the FN button on the right is a bit harder to reach. All the other buttons are accessible.

“Why doesn’t this thing have way more mounting holes? And why not add 3/8?“
- ABS plastic is not metal and threaded holes need to be added by using inserts. To make sure the structural rigidity is not compromised the amount and the diameter of the holes is limited.

“Do you use this yourself?”
-Yes, I recently filmed a wedding with this. I put it on a steadycam, a tripod, a monopod and walked around a lot of the time handheld.
Attached Thumbnails
Panasonic GH4 Cage-dsc_5369.jpg   Panasonic GH4 Cage-dsc_5372.jpg  

Panasonic GH4 Cage-dsc_5370.jpg   Panasonic GH4 Cage-dsc_5359.jpg  

Bram Corstjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2015, 02:54 PM   #2
New Boot
Re: Panasonic GH4 Cage

Are you willing to ship to the US?
Matt Thede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 11:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew
Re: Panasonic GH4 Cage

Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have been away and didn't see this thread bumped in the meantime.

Sending to USA is no problem, but I have to check what the cost will be. Also send you an email using this forum just in case.

Ok, checked the rates:
I can ship to the United States of America for 25 euro's (track and trace included), but lets say 10 euro's are on me. So with 15 euro's shipping costs left, you're at 100,- euro's total.

Meanwhile I've printed small plastic pads which are glued to the bottom (see picture). Apart from that, no changes. Also you can choose whether you like the shiny version or the sanded version. The shiny version looks a bit nicer and you can always use fine sandpaper yourself. So I suggest the shiny version.which is the one you see in this picture
Attached Thumbnails
Panasonic GH4 Cage-dsc_5383.jpg  

Last edited by Bram Corstjens; July 1st, 2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added shipping costs to USA
Bram Corstjens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds