FS-UK/EU: Custom Server/PC/Workstation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Old October 8th, 2018, 11:08 AM   #1
Tourist

Custom Server/PC/Workstation

Hello DVinfo community!

Last year I have build this Server/PC, which i wanted to use for music production. But after a year and a half of frustration and unsuccessful integration of an external sound card from Antelope (Orion Studio) i decided to let it go. I ordered the parts from Mindfactory and the most important parts are under warranty until Feb. 2019. I have sent all the parts to mindfactory for checking, all the parts are fully functional. I have contacted guys at Carillon, who are building audio pc's, who helped and suggested me that the pc specs are ideal for someone who works in video production/editing etc. So i'm really looking forward for a person who would benefit from this beast:

CPU: 1 x Intel Xeon E5-2650v4 12x 2.20GHz So.2011-3 WOF
MOBO: 1 x Asus Z10PE-D16 WS Intel C612 2x So.2011-3 Quad Channel DDR4
CPU COOLER: 1 x Noctua NH-U9DX i4
SSD: 1 x 500GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s 3D-NA
CASE: 1 x Inter-Tech Case 19 IPC 4U-4129-N
RAM: 2 x 16GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR4-2400 regECC DIMM CL17 Single

Parts not under warranty, but i'm including them:
PSU: 1x Corsair RM850 Gold
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X VTX
SILENT CASE FANS: 3x Noctua NF-S12A in
2x Noctua NF-A8

After 2 months when the server was already running for some time, i decided to change the case ventilation. And that's due to high noise profile stock case fans. I bought Noctuas and reduced the noise by a lot! I have 2 videos, one before and one after, if you would like to see/hear the difference DM me. I've build this server with the intention to upgrade it after some time. The maximum temp that I measured on CPU was 54°C (15mins of stress testing) and that was the highest. It has one free socket for another Xeon, a lot of free RAM slots and SATA connectors. High core/thread count is ideal for rendering long sessions, or massive data computing. The system runs smoothly and is very responsive.

Price: DM me at mitja.pecko@gmail.com
Sincerely, Mitja
Mitja Pecko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds