Private Classifieds listings from 2007 - Page 275 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #4111
Major Player

Lowell, email sent.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #4112
Major Player

Still Available:

2 Sennheiser E835 Microphone Only - $50ea.

1 Sennheiser EW-100 G2 UHF wireless Lav System - $375

Thanks
Kit
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #4113
Major Player

Steve,

My inquiry into your camera was a serious one. I have 3 jobs this fall that all require 3 matching cameras, so I need 2 more XL H1s, Vinten tripods, lens controllers, HD monitors, etc. to match the set-up of the one I currently have. I did ask for pictures and would still welcome them. Chris, as far as whether that should be required, let me quote myself from Steve's original sale thread:

"Obviously, it's not so much a picture of the camera that I want/need to see (I own one already), it's the "focus gear" and "custom built mini-rod/shoulder mount base and 15mm rods" in Steve's description that I'd like to be able to visualize.

Although I will say, after buying and selling a lot of gear on the internet, some on this forum, it's always safer for both parties to have seen photos before hand, so no one can say, "Hey, you never mentioned this or that..." about the condition of the item."

I stand by this. I'm looking to drop about 35,000 dollars over the next month or so on used gear. I would be foolish to accept it all "sight-unseen." My business partners would have a cow! I'll be the one putting my money at risk by sending a PayPal transfer for thousands of dollars before getting to see the actual gear. The least the seller can do is supply a few pics so I can see the condition of the item and especially what the add-ons are before I pay for them. I honestly don't think that's unreasonable.

Michael,
Obviously, I am one person at least, who has their eyes open for H1s for sale at a good price. I'm not in a huge rush (yet) so I'm taking my time considering offers. I still have Steve's thread bookmarked as a hot possibility. I have seen several others over the last few weeks on this forum and on another where I am also a member. I bought the one I have now on this forum and will probably buy 2 more sometime soon.

-Vence
Old September 20th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #4114
Major Player

Thanks guys for the responses.

Yes, I completely agree with you Steve. What makes me not so aggressive at this point is the fact that I really like this camera and it is certainly good enough for the feature film I have in mind for it. But I was going over the proposed budget, and after outfitting the camera with the P+S technik mini along with Cooke S4's and shooting uncompressed out, we are suddenly within RED price territory (in rental terms), along with the fact that a friend is getting one too that we can possibly use.

So I'll entertain the thought of selling it if there is really any interest out there. Please let me know Vence, if you'd like to inquire further about the camera.
Old September 20th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #4115
Regular Crew

Now $2200. Next stop is e-pay...

Thanks,

--Darin
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #4116
Major Player

E-Mail Sent.................

............with question.
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #4117
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vence Vida View Post
I will say, after buying and selling a lot of gear on the internet, some on this forum, it's always safer for both parties to have seen photos before hand, so no one can say, "Hey, you never mentioned this or that..." about the condition of the item."
Fully granted of course. Allow me to suggest that it's safer for both parties to have also spoken by telephone at least once, and if at all possible, to meet in person as well.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #4118
New Boot

Miller DS10 Tripod

Hello everyone:

I have a Miller DS10 tripod for sale. It has the DS-10 head with DS-2 two stage aluminum legs with mid level spreader. Tripod is in good condition and the DS10 head works perfectly. I recently upgraded to the Miller DV solo carbons and DS20 head so I no longer need this tripod. Comes with Miller padded bag, and QR plate as well. Price is $650.00 plus shipping. email elliotleboe@mac.com for more info or pics.

Thanks.
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #4119
New Boot

Century Optics 2x & Canon .7x wide for sale

I have a Century Optics 2x teleconverter with 58mm threads and a Canon WD58 .7x with 58mm threads for sale. Both are in great condition.

Century 2x - $225.00 plus shipping

Canon .7x - $70.00 plus shipping

email elliotleboe@mac.com for more info or pics.

Thanks.
Old September 20th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #4120
Major Player

Chris,

I couldn't agree more. I definitely always speak on the phone for anything over a few hundred bucks. I would love to be able to meet with the sellers, but being in the mid-west, I don't run into very many people within a decent driving distance. Most of you are out in California or somewhere more metropolitan like NY, Dallas, DC, etc. Although the H1 I currently have, I purchased from a member in Mississsippi, and oddly enough, there is another H1 for sale from a guy named Jad who is also in Mississippi that I am considering.

I just missed buying an XL H1 from a dvxuser.com member in Virgina who let his go for $5000! Unbelievable! The guy who bought it lived in West Virginia and was able to jump in the car and go meet him. Even though it would have been a 2 day trip for me, I definitely considered it.

Michael,

You can definitely email me details about what exactly you might want to sell and how much you need to get out of it. I'd be happy to hear from you.

vencevida at mac dot com (Obviously I am spelling "at" and "dot" to avoid email trollers)
Old September 20th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #4121
Major Player

Chris: I think it's okay to ask for pictures, particularly when something has been customized as mine has (for handholding) - doesn't bother me at all...

I just haven't been able to get it done because a several day shoot turned into a multi-week event (we found a guy who is perfect for the central thread of our film and had to spend time in the LA area following him)...

By the way, I am shooting exclusively on P2 cards, which has been a real experience...
Old September 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #4122
Major Player

There have been 100 people look, one question, and no offers. Is asking $1,400 that out of line for a GL-2 that is in excellent condition, and that has under 40 hours of use? Having never sold a camcorder before, much less on this forum, I'm not sure what the market is out there. Given what I paid, it's hard to believe it has lost this much value. Would I be better off going the Ebay route?
Old September 20th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #4123
New Boot

PRICE REDUCED: $725

I'll throw in ground shipping too.

Email for more info.
Old September 20th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #4124
Major Player

100 views isnt really very many with the number of people on the boards. Things can take weeks to sell, if they sell superfast then you know you have a super-low price or something in high demand.

I think your price is fair if you included a couple of those accessories (like maybe the two filters and the battery). Personally, I'm not looking for a GL2 right now though. I think you'll have a bit of a wait to sell it because of all the new stuff that's out. But that's just my opinion.

eBay will charge fees and if you list it starting this high, you won't get any bids. But, that is always an option of course.
Old September 20th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #4125
Major Player

Bump, still available...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds