Private Classifieds listings from 2007 - Page 326 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old October 29th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #4876
Inner Circle

Matt, how does this particular wide angle lens perform on the VX? Does it cut down on the light, any vignetting? How does it pair with Z1s and FX1s - have you tried?

I could do this research myself, but forgive me, I don't have the time right now. I am interested though.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM   #4877
Trustee

Greg, is mailing to Canada that rough on you guys? When I get stuff from the USA, there's usually just a little form stuck to the package that lists the content and value. Do they make you fill out more paperwork that doesn't get sent along?

When I send things to the USA, there's no extra paperwork other than the same little form you stick on, so I'm curious if it's the same.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #4878
Inner Circle

Ervin:

I've shot this lens with my VX2000 and my FX1. On the VX2000, it doesn't miss a beat. Images are great. You will have barrel distortion. Part of the territory with this lense.

I have also shot it with the FX1. You need a step up adapter, 58-72. As I recall, it does not create any vignetting, even at maximum wide, as I recall, but I will recheck to confirm. I think resolution is softened a bit, but it is not unpleasant, and actually may give FX1 a more organic feel.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #4879
Inner Circle

Chris,

thank you for the response. This is all uncharted teritorry for me and I think I already made the first big mistake - I interpreted the lens as a 16x9 adaptor lens instead of what really is. That's why I asked about how would the VX outfitted with this lens pair with Z1/FX1 working in wide mode... my question didn't make much sense, did it?

What I am really looking for is a third camera to use with a Z1 and an FX1 we have available at my church. For right now we shoot SD and 4x3 but I suspect we will move sooner to 16x9 SD than we need to move to HD, so the low light champ would make a good companion for the younger brothers and would be still usable (with a 16x9 adapter) when we go 16x9.
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #4880
Major Player

OK It's Monday

any offers?
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #4881
Inner Circle

Vito -
It's the same form, but it requires a trip to the PO (our main office will usualy result in a 45 minute "hole" in your day... and there is the issue for the buyer of customs tacking a big duty/tax on the item as it crosses the border (I thought NAFTA was supposed to make this obsolete?!?). I send and recieve stuff fairly regularly, but I feel TERRIBLE when I hear what your tax police do to you northerly North Americans!

Also, the ONLY package I've EVER had disappear was a parcel of impossible to replace spare parts that vanished somewhere in Canada - been told it's not uncommon... that was costly, and a real bummer, so now I ONLY ship fully insured... and no problems there, just hate to go to the post office where our public servants move like molasses in... well, Northern Canada! I'm lucky enough to have found a branch hardly anyone uses, so they actually get excited to have you there!

(sorry to pop in on the thread Greg, dang I wish I had the bux right now... I'd drive down and get the Merlin!)
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #4882
Trustee

Thanks for the clarification, Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
and there is the issue for the buyer of customs tacking a big duty/tax on the item as it crosses the border
Actually, lots of people think that's a government tax issue, but it's actually a UPS issue. UPS (and FEDEX too, I think) charges what they call a 'brokerage' fee which is a ridiculous and gouging fee of no value. They say it's their fee for processing the package and telling you if you do or not not need to pay duties and tax. It's around $30 depending on your luck. It doesn't go to the government.

If you use USPS to send to Canada, the fee is $5.00. When I buy from the USA, I refuse to purchase if it will be sent UPS. Those thieves will never get a cent from me.

If the item is not a gift, and over a certain value, we will be charged provincial sales tax and GST, though I find about 50% of the time USPS doesn't bother collecting for some reason.
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #4883
Inner Circle

Ervin:

There has been a lot of discussion on the issue of quality and the 16:9 mode available on the VX and PD series. I started this one some time back, and its a pretty good summary of the issues and concerns:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=88405
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #4884
Major Player

Yes, I would be willing to sell it separately.

Drop me an e-mail: jad@jadware.com
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #4885
Regular Crew

Sold

Sold........
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #4886
Trustee

DV2500 sold.

DV2000 $850 + actual shipping

ash =o)
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:07 AM   #4887
Major Player

Thanks Laszlo.

It was a pleasure. I can highly recommend buying from Laszlo if he is to sell anything else. He shipped right after we closed the deal.
Enjoy your stay in Hungary

Joachim
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #4888
Inner Circle

I remember perfectly that thread - I even downloaded your test images back then. And I think the jury is still out on this one...

Thanks for the info.
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:40 AM   #4889
Major Player

Thank you Joachim
Old October 30th, 2007, 07:04 AM   #4890
Major Player

FS in AU: Fujinon s20x6.4BRM -38 lens

hey guys

got a brand new Fujinon lense, it's Standard Def and apparentley made for the XDCam, so we bought it from GlobalMediaPro after advise from a well know industry professional retailer here in Australia, they sent us the url link to this product, but it's the wrong product.
I'm currently in the process of trying to return it for the correct on, which is the S20x6.4BRM - SD, we're actually using it on JVC HD101's with the ACM12 Fujinon 1/2 to 1/3 adapter.
The only difference between the lenses is the SD has a cable running from the servo to the camera body, and the 38 uses internal pins to draw power. Also the mounting flange is ever so slightly different.
So if this heads South, as it feels it's going, would anybody be interested. Cost us $2150 Aust, we'll sell and ship it for $2000Aust.
Thanks
Adam
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds