Private Classifieds listings from 2007 - Page 367 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old December 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #5491
Major Player

Thanks everyone for the input, I think I will have him send it back and see what I could find. Spoke with him today, it was a great conversation, he is leaving it in my court. We both want to do what is right and fair and I firmly believe we will work this out with no problems. Thanks again.

Mike
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #5492
Trustee

Mike,
My Fx1 had a similar firewire failure right after I bought it. I bought it new, but since it wasn't an "authorized sony dealer'', sony wouldn't cover it! $500 later I got back my working FX1. A year later, the tape transport failed. $500 later (magic number?) I got back my FX1 in good working condition. The fire wire was fine for a week when I first bought it, and then failed. Yours could possibly have the same problem.
I posted about this here a little over a year ago, and heard from a few other guys who had the sme problem....
At least you're trying to do the right thing. The scum I bought it from wouldn't even reimburse me a penny.
Good luck.
Bruce S. yarock
www.yarock.com
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #5493
Major Player

Thanks Bruce.

Mike
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #5494
New Boot

Everything is sold except...

The NRG Campak 12V Rechargeable Video Light Battery

Make me an offer by 5pm Sunday 12/09/07 or I will have to eBay it! Any reasonable offer will be taken into consideration. Photos of the NRG Campak are right here:
http://platinum-video.com//web/conte...e/IMG_0683.jpg
http://platinum-video.com//web/conte...e/IMG_0684.jpg
http://platinum-video.com//web/conte...e/IMG_0685.jpg

This video light battery is in perfect condition and was only used maybe 5 times. It is the NRG Campak 12V Model #91201, it has a cigarette lighter connector and comes with the original charger. It is a great battery pack. It will be shipped in the original box.
Manufacturer’s Link:
http://www.nrgresearch.com/campak.htm

Last edited by Jason Lindstrom; December 8th, 2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old December 8th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #5495
Major Player

WTB Canon HV20

I've seen a few of these come and go on the forum lately, but always missed my chance.

I'm looking for a Canon HV20.

Anyone...anyone?

Thanks,

Vence
Old December 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #5496
Regular Crew

Vence,

I know you're looking to buy used but B&H has a great deal on these now. You can buy one now with free shipping for $750. Plus, it comes with a $150 B&H gift card. If you are a regular B&H shopper, this is a great deal.

Chris
Old December 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #5497
Major Player

Chris,

That is a great deal. I hadn't heard about the gift card.
I'm not against buying new - I very well might. But I figured if I could get used for even less, than I would.
Old December 8th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #5498
Major Player

Still for sale?

Jeff
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:11 AM   #5499
Inner Circle

In my opinion, it is most important to use battery power, not an AC power supply when capturing / transferring to or from a portable firewire device.

This rule may not apply to all devices/power supplies but it does apply to many.

An ungrounded power supply can build up a undesirable voltage on the chassis of the unit.

When I first got a high end audio device from a very reputable manufacturer, I was testing it using the ungrounded power supply. With my hand on the device, I touched a grounded metal object and got shocked.

I wondered what caused this, so I tested the voltage from the audio unit to ground. It was around 60 volts, which is more than enough to cause damage to some circuits. All points on the chassis and the ground of the BNC connections showed this voltage. I did not test the XLR ground pins.

I called the company. The engineers at the company explained that since the power supply was ungrounded
(it used only two wires, a "+" and a "-", no ground) from the power supply to the unit, a charge would build up on the chassis.

With this knowledge, I have always used battery power when connecting any external device to the unit, this includes microphones, firewire, and all other connections.

I also use a battery when using Firewire on any camera.
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #5500
Major Player

FS: (2) Sony PDV-184N DVCAM Tapes, (1) Sony PDV-124N DVCAM Tape - NEW

Hi,

I am selling a total of (2) Sony PDV-184N DVCAM tapes, and (1) Sony PDV-124N DVCAM tape.

Buyer will receive a total of three tapes. Tapes are brand new and have never been used.

I would like to get $60.00 shipped to anywhere in the USA for all three tapes. I will also cover the Paypal fees.

Please send me an email if you are interested.

Here are some photos:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...or/dvcam01.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...or/dvcam02.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...or/dvcam03.jpg

Thanks,

John
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:39 AM   #5501
Regular Crew

Complete Brevis35 imaging bundle + nikon lenses

Complete Brevis 35mm kit includes:

Brevis 35 w/nikon mount
72mm achromat
pelican case
charger
extra spacer ring
METAL RAILS
58mm + HV20 thread adapters.

Nikon 50mm 1.4 lens
Nikon 100mm 2.8 lens series E

Brevis used once, in excellent condition. Lenses are also in great condition. About $1600 invested. $1300OBO. Prefer not to part out. Verified Paypal only please. - I'm saving up for a new steadicam rig:)

Mike Jensen
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #5502
Regular Crew

$600 plus shipping. This is an awesome set of sticks.
Old December 8th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #5503
Trustee

I think the FX1's are prone to this "firewire" port issue....my 2nd or 3rd FX1 did that (blew out) on the 1st day I owned it and I returned it to B&H and explained the problem- they gave me store credit and I was happy.....never had a problem with other HDV or miniDV cams- just the FX1 (the FX7 didn't have a problem.)

Even if the buyer sends it back to you- you'll have a dead firewire port FX1- not good!
Old December 8th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #5504
Regular Crew

Make an offer!!!

Hey folks. The Christmas budget crunch has set in! Any serious offer will be considered. Seriously...any serious offer. I'd love to sell to someone in the SF Bay area so I could personally deliver the gear. It really is in great shape...not much use and most of its use has been in legal video depositions. I would love to sell everything together, but would be more than willing to break apart (especially the camera and wide angle lens).

Thanks all!
Old December 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #5505
Major Player

Steve, I have been noticing a trend, are you a MAC user? I am on PC and everyone I know with an FX1 and a PC has never had this problem. I ran searches and have seen an overwhelming amount of MAC owners with the problem, this gentleman also had a MAC. Just wondering.

Mike
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds