Private Classifieds listings from 2007 - Page 55 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old February 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #811
Major Player

PayPal payment sent.

As I stated in the payment info, no big hurry. Send it the cheapest way you can, don't pay extra for faster shipping. I need it for a second camera, have one already.

Thanks, Ben.
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #812
Major Player

I'm interested in the beachtek. Will be emailing you shortly about that.
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #813
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lynn
That's always been the big selling point of the IRiver is that you can plug in a lav mic, external mic, line level feed, whatever and it will record it. On the top of the unit it has one 1/8" jack for the headphones and one for an input.
Thanks Ben
Two more questions, how much time does it record on 1gb and how is the quality compared to what you would get recording to a miniDV camera?
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #814
Major Player

The beachtek has been spoken for.

Ben
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #815
Major Player

Dylan,

It will record 17hrs 46min at 44khz 128kps. So it's comparable quality to dv audio. I've never noticed a difference in quality between one source and the other. The unit actually records a very clean signal. You set the recording level and let it go. It also has a hold switch so once you start the recording you can flip the switch. If someone bumps the unit or pushes the buttons they won't stop the unit.

It really shines as an additional recording source. In my opinion, it shouldn't be a replacement for a wireless or wired mic, but a compliment to it. The time you go to a shoot and find out that you have to run 200ft of xlr to get a house feed, that's when you just patch this unit into the system. Or when you get to the church and find out they added a piano piece or a solo and you suddenly need to record that source without running all the cable. Those are some of the times that this unit is invaluable.

Other people use it on the groom at a wedding to capture the vows. I personally like to monitor my sound so I use a wireless for that. But it records the same quality as a wireless and is much smaller so it fits in the grooms vest pocket with ease.

Another way I used it was to tap the headphone jack of the camera and record the headphone output. I put my own headphones into the iriver and could monitor the camera audio like normal only it was being recorded through the iriver. Same goes for a mixer, I've pulled backup feeds off of mixers just in case there was any hum in the camera end of the chain.

Thanks.

Ben
Old February 20th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #816
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Wall
Our facility can play betamax is just about every version to
just about any format. 412-281-4000 www.dvdpa.com
Chuck
Thanks for responding, I think I'm going to see if I can find a place in New York City that does these transfers, because they guy who owns the tapes would rather not have to ship them (he hand delivered them from California).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Holland
I'm looking for one, too. I found a few on ebay. Good luck!
Yeah, I've been looking on ebay, I'm not having luck finding a deck that I like for a price that I like...
Old February 20th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #817
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossi Margolin
I'm going to see if I can find a place in New York City that does these transfers...
Contact my friend Ayres D'Cunha of Analog Digital Inc. in Manhattan on East 49th Street. -- hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old February 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #818
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris, that was worth a shot.

They do every format out there exept Betamax :(
Old February 20th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #819
New Boot

Sold-gone.......

Sold-gone.......
sportingspirit.com
Old February 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #820
Major Player

I thought I would supply images for you. Makes it seems less wierd I guess. Plus you can see what is included, etc.

Any questions, just call me direct 682-438-5963
I am near Fort Worth, TX.

Jim

Old February 20th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #821
Regular Crew

Hey, i'm sorry that i'm not interested in buying your Lens. But i've been searching all over for what exactly the Servo Lens does....how is it any different than my XL1's 16x Lens other than the fact that its fully manual?
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #822
New Boot

Canon XL2 , 3X , 20X , MILLER DS-10 , SHURE UHF , extras

I'm selling most of my camera gear because I have some bills to pay, and I don't really use it that often.

I've used the XL2 to shoot two weddings, three concerts, a fashion show, and a short film that is scheduled to be entered in the Sundance Film Festival.

Here's a link to pictures of my gear. You'll notice that I have a Shure Wireless box attached to the rear bracket of the camera. This is removable, but I just left it on for simplicity. Here's the link: http://chasw3.powweb.com/camera/

Here's some additional detail including what I'm asking for the camera and other equipment.

XL2 in the original box w/6 batteries (approx. 18.5 hrs of record time) PortaBrace soft case, Petrol hard shell travel case (I can fit both of these cases in the overhead compartments on a small jet), remote control, owner's manual, DVD instructional video, & 20x Flourite lens with image stabilization, 2 built in ND filters, and a 72mm UV filter. - $3350 (I'll also throw in a wedding video instructional DVD.)

Canon 3x wide-angle lens with 72mm UV filter. - $1000

Birns & Sawyer Image 2000 shoulder mount camera stabilizer. - $250

Miller DS-10 2-stage aluminum tripod system with fluid head and case. This is balanced for the Canon XL series cameras. - $1100

Shure U1UB UHF transmitter body pack with WL184 lavalier supercardiod microphone and accessories. UP4UB Camera Mountable/Portable Receiver. Frequency agile in the "B" range with true diversity. I've used it twice and it's the best wireless technology I've worked with. - $1275

Please let me know if you have any questions or want to see some additional pics. Shipping costs would be actual. I can ship via FedEx, UPS, or USPS if you have a preference.

Thanks!
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #823
Regular Crew

FS: Canon GL2, AG-DV2500 VTR, Sennheiser G2, LOTS of other goodies!

Ok.. I have quite a few things that I need to part with. Many of them are new or have only been used once or twice. I will ship to ConUSA only. All prices include shipping. I prefer paypal for payments. If you have any questions please let me know!

Here's the list:

VIDEO:

Canon GL2 - $1,250
Used, purchased from another member, is in great condition!!

Canon WD-58H - $100
Wide angle converter w/hood and pouch, excellent condition.

Panasonic AG-DV2500 VTR - $800
Excellent condition, a great unit! 464 Hours on drum.

Canon ZR-1000 Zoom Controller (New) - $115

Spiderbrace 2 (New) - SOLD

Contour Shuttle Xpress - $30
Used only a few times.

Power2000 2-way MiniDV Rewinder - $15
Used, includes power adapter.

AUDIO:

Sennheiser Evolution G2 - $420
Purchased NEW last year, used once for testing. Includes EK100G2 Bodypack Receiver and SK100G2 Bodypack Transmitter with ME2 mic. In the "A" freq. range.

Beachtek DXA-4P - $120
Used once, like new.

Audio Technica AT2020 - $60
Cardiod condenser mic, used once, like new!

Well I think that is all, any questions please e-mail!

Last edited by Aaron Ferguson; February 21st, 2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:44 PM   #824
Major Player

Your search needn't have taken you any further than this terrific site.

Take a look at http://www.dvinfo.net/canon/articles/article82.php

-Ken
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:02 AM   #825
Major Player

This lens originally belonged to Marty Hudzik here on DVinfo. I'm sure he can attest to the quality of it. It's been hardly used at all since leaving his capable hands.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds