Private Classifieds listings from 2008 - Page 123 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old April 4th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #1831
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Dave, my primary concern was whether or not he found you through this forum. If he did not find you through this forum then I don't see any practical way to become involved -- but I appreciate your sharing the story with us here.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #1832
Regular Crew

What kind of lens and viewfinder does this have on it. What shape is the battery in (how long will it last).

Our corp company just picked up a used one similar to yours and the batteries have very little life left.

Thanks,
Old April 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #1833
Inner Circle

Craigslist huh... prime scam territory.

ANYONE with computer access can set up a free e-mail account, or a pile of them, so just because they are online doesn't make them legit.

Someone who is "very busy" or buying for their second cousin's aunt who's doing charity work in Nigeria or whatever is busy doing one thing - trying to make money by fraud... instead of working for a living. If they find a few naiive suckers out there, it's probably sadly all too lucrative. They have plenty of time to troll the internet and send scam emails out!

I'm guessing the camera was advertised for quite a lot less than $3900? Another huge clue here... why would anyone be willing to pay way more than you are asking??? Presuming you're at a fair price, this is just the hope that your greed glands will overflow and overload your brain... yeah right.

If you know what your gear is worth (and it's not hard to at least figure out a range), you know when someone is talking crazy... remember though that there are a lot of noobs out there, and all these scumbags have to do is find ONE on a regular basis and they are making pretty good money with little chance of getting caught.

Most of these scams are painfully obvious, but there are a few pros out there (I ran across one in particular that works eBay and knows the sytem inside and out - fortunately my CC covered my tail), so you always have to be careful and trade safe. Ask a lot of questions before buying or selling, and if something doesn't seem right, challenge, challenge, challenge - and STILL be careful!!
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #1834
Major Player

Camera is sold.
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #1835
Major Player

Standard Fujinon lens and supplied viewfinder. No battery provided.
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM   #1836
Regular Crew

ebay scammers rife

I've come across this recently. I was bidding on a jvc gz-hd6 and went to a pretty reasonable level for a second hand cam, but it got bid up to more than the new cam costs - like $600- more. I thought wow i cant compete with that, but it too turned out to be a scam and I got a second chance buy from the seller, but it took a few days to get through to the seller they were being scammed... all ok now and the sellers not a fraudster btw it was the buyers but it does seem these attempted scams on high end equipment are rife.

most people want potential buyers with zero feedback to contact them first and i can see why...
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #1837
New Boot

I received that identical inquiry on Craigslist, the exact wording. The next day one of our talk shows had the head of Craigslist on their program. I called and talked to him personally. He informed me that type of inquiry originates some where in Asia, and is very difficult to trace.

Here is another corker. Here in Medford OR. A couple, finding no one home stole saddles and other tack equipment. They tried to cover their theft by placing a notice in Craigslist saying. They(the owners) had to move and did not have time to dispose of their belongings, so anyone could come and take anything they wanted, even their horse.

Some one saw the huge number of people loading their cars and called the owner at work. He came home right away to find all the people loading his possessions,and had a difficult time trying to convince the mob this was his property.

The head of Craigslist worked with our police department and some way located the computer and persons who perpetrated this crime. They are now in jail. Radio, TV, & local news paper is trying to help get the owners property returned. As of now I am not aware of how much has been returned.

It is great to know that Craigslist can help in locating crimes like this.

Sorry this is so long. Hope you have found it to be of some interest.

Bob J Trimmer
Medford OR

Last edited by Bob Trimmer; April 4th, 2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: To correct
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #1838
Regular Crew

Shoe mount help

Hey guys, where can I find some of the small (camera metal shoe pieces)? Sorry, don't know what they're called. I want to rig up a multi shoe accessory bracket for the top of my camera.
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #1839
Major Player

I picked up a couple of cold shoe mounts on eBay for $2 each. Cold shoes have no electronic contacts in them, just the mounting shoe. Hot shoes have some form of contact built in, typically for flash exposure and/or sync.
HTH
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #1840
Major Player

Are you looking for something like this (tri-mount shoe adapter)?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Tri_Mount.html

-Ken
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #1841
Regular Crew

I found an old wallet of mine with 60 dollars in it that I could put towards this. How does $525 sound?
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #1842
Regular Crew

Just how faulty is this hv20 of yours?
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #1843
Trustee

I love this thread. It's so real.
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #1844
New Boot

WTB in U.S.: Jvc Gy-hd100

Hey everyone, I have tried to purchase a JVC GY-HD100U. All of the cameras that I have tried to get I have either been burned on, or outbid. If anyone is wanting to sell a used JVC GY-HD100U, Please message me.
Old April 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #1845
Obstreperous Rex

Thread moved from Open DV to Private Classifieds.

Title changed from "Searching for Camera." Please avoid ambiguous thread titles.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds