Private Classifieds listings from 2008 - Page 126 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #1876
Regular Crew

Just a heads up, asking for paypal fees is wayyyyyy against terms of policy. People have been getting slammed with HUGE fines for doing what you are.

Just lookin out.
Old April 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #1877
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Not on this site you haven't. DV info Net is a very safe haven for buying and selling. You can trust the members here.
Yes i'm sorry i should have been more specific. I have been burned twice on other sites besides this one
Old April 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #1878
Regular Crew

Amit, I've seen this type of request over and over again on other forums as well... particularly in their classified sections. Could you explain this a little more...so I or others can possibly avoid doing the same thing?
Old April 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #1879
Trustee

Buying and selling on this site is almost like buying from family. I know it sounds funny but I am actually being sincere. I pretty much never even think twice about dealing with people here.
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #1880
Regular Crew

Thanks Amit, I've never heard that and I'd be interested to hear what our forum bosses have to say about the fact that people ask for the fee to be covered all the time. It could be no one knows that it's against the paypal terms of service.

I did a little snooping on my own and you are in fact correct.

Good thing I posted just before your last one stating that I'd cover the paypal fee. This is from Paypal's user agreement.

4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #1881
Regular Crew

Sold

The computer's been sold.

Thanks to all who inquired.
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #1882
Major Player

Hi Derek. Yeah thats partly the reason why I ask because i never worry about buying stuff on here. In fact, i dont ever go to ebay or craiglist anymore (not even locally) just because i've found this board to be far more reliable. Ive sold quite a few things on here to other members as well if you do some searching around. I got your email and will dig up my photos and send them your way.
Old April 6th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #1883
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ortiz View Post
Hi Derek. Yeah thats partly the reason why I ask because i never worry about buying stuff on here. In fact, i dont ever go to ebay or craiglist anymore (not even locally) just because i've found this board to be far more reliable. Ive sold quite a few things on here to other members as well if you do some searching around. I got your email and will dig up my photos and send them your way.
Ok great, I've only been on these forums for only about a month and I've learned a lot about how to create amazing effects and items to get. I'm just cautious starting out. I soon hope to be apart of this family.
Old April 7th, 2008, 12:46 AM   #1884
Major Player

Not to muddy the waters, but I was burned by a guy on here. I sent him $50 for a used copy of Premiere 6.5 and he never sent me the software. That was three years ago.

I should send him a post card and remind him of his theft again. His name is Patrick Masters and he lives (or lived at least) in Melbourne, KY.

JR
Old April 7th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #1885
Major Player

Sold thanks
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:12 AM   #1886
Regular Crew

Urgent

I URGENTLY require the HD7 software disc.

I will send paypal cash to anyone that can send me either an original or a copy of the software disc.

PLEASE HELP.

ps JVC component cable for HD7 also still required.
Old April 7th, 2008, 07:01 AM   #1887
Major Player

Are the DVDs NTSC or PAL?
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:43 AM   #1888
Regular Crew

bump.....
going to fleabay Friday any offers?
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #1889
Regular Crew

Offers Anyone?
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1890
Regular Crew

FS in US: Canon XHA1 w/ Mack Warranty

For financial reasons I am selling one of my XHA1 cameras. This cam is in pristine condition both cosmetically and functionally. There are approximately 35 hours on the drum. I am the original owner - purchased brand new in June 2007 from Zotz Digital. I have only used Panasonic MQ tapes with it, no other brands. ALL original accessories, including the original box (minus UPC tag that was used for the rebate), will be included. Also included is the Tiffen 72mm UV filter that was ALWAYS attached to the lens.

Mack 4 year extended warranty is included and will be transferred to the new owner.

Asking $2850. Price INCLUDES $20 Mack warranty transfer fee, as well as fully insured 2nd Day Air shipping. Forms of payment accepted are Cashier's Check and Paypal. 2.9% Paypal surcharge will be added to the invoice should you choose that payment method.

Please check out the pictures and email me with ANY questions. I will also be more than happy to give you my phone number if you prefer a phone conversation.

Thanks for your time!

Respectfully,
Dave Uriarte
Visual Journey Media
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds