Private Classifieds listings from 2008 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old January 10th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #196
New Boot

FS:Bogen 501 Head w/Manfrotto 3211v Legs

Hello everyone, as you can see from the title, I am selling my tripod. I got it from a friend who had a bunch of tripods and I don't really need it. The head is an original 501 so it does have cosmetic signs[some wearing around the corners], as is expected from a used head. It of course works perfectly and fluidly. The legs are in good condition. I'm selling it for 200[or best offer] with ups shipping included. If you have any more questions you can email me at xxchucky25xx@yahoo.com. Thank you. Here are some pictures. Sorry for the quality, I only have a pvgs120...which is why I'm selling the tripod.

The selling price has been changed to 200.

Last edited by Charles A. Smith; January 11th, 2008 at 04:32 AM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #197
Regular Crew

I sold the camera gear and I still have the Merlin. Please make an offer if you are interested.
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #198
Major Player

FS: Sony PVW 2650

Sony PVW 2650 Beta Sp player with dynamic tracking for sale.

hours are
Operation 1220
Drum Run 70
Tape Run 30
Tread 630

Asking 3K or BO
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #199
Major Player

hey mate ever get that thing fixed?
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #200
Regular Crew

17" or 15"

Did I miss the latop screen size somewhere?
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #201
Major Player

For Sale: Sachtler Video 15(?) Hot-Pod / 2-35lbs

Hi all I'm going noble and posting this among friends. It's a beautiful complete Sachtler tripod/Hot-Pod system which is in phenomenal shape.

**Quick and dirty**
Asking $2,250 used.
New HERE at $6,000.

You can't go wrong with Sachtler..

**Long and drawn out**

Surely most of you know what a Hot-Pod system is but for those of us who don't, it's actually pretty cool how this thing works. The rig folds up nicely and even has a very convenient carry handle. You open it by spreading the bottom of the legs. Once about fifty percent of the way open the two stage legs are then released by the integrated mid-level spreader's automatic locking/unlocking mechanism. Once each of the three legs find ground, be it onto even or completely un-eaven ground, you simply push the mid-level spreader the rest of the way down and it automatically locks the legs at each of their respective fallen heights. No wing nuts, locking tabs, or anything clumsy. It's all automatic and quite Batman-like.

The next trick up the Hot-Pod's sleeve is it's fluid-head leveling system. If you look closely there is a "U" shaped lever just below the Video 15* head. Holding this lever down releases fastening tension on the head and allows you to very simply adjust the head to level via the leveling bubble just at the head's base. Once you release this lever again, the head may as well be set in concrete. It's level and it's staying that way until you move it on purpose.

OK last trick, and this one will get a rise out of you. When you lift the aluminum lever marked "Lock ->" near the base of this photo the head gradually rises on a black anodized telescoping shaft, all on it's own - like a scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. What moments ago was a 38" tripod, is now a 60" tripod (or wherever in-between you set the lock) - all with the switch of just one lever! No typical tripod wrestling matches with re-setting the feet over rocks or on top of the next highest step - just to elevate your shot a few inches. It's beautiful how this thing works. The rising force is actually pretty strong, although quite remarkably with no camera on top it does NOT rise uncontrolled. Instead it is very smooth and gradual. And with my camera loaded on top, which is not a light setup, this Hot-Pod actually lifts it.

Both the head and legs are outdated. That is, Sachtler has developed the Hot_Pod model integrating Carbon Fiber legs to the design, and adding more drag settings into the head. But basically, mind those two points, everything else is the same. In fact the difference in weight of the two systems, this model VS the Carbon model, is only 4Lbs. Most of the weight of a Hot-Pod is in the shaft and head, not the legs. As for the head differences, well these are more substantial. Having more drag settings is something that I never have had a need for - until I began mounting very long zoom lenses AND trying to follow fast moving subjects at the same time. I am sure I will regret selling this system. In fact I can feel the burning desire to kick myself in the groin right now. Lord help me when I have to wrestle to adjust for six inches in height on a standard tripod again... It's just that at such a long zoom I really need more control, since a millimeter at the head means half a football field a mile away..

As for specs, this is the best I can do right now because the Sachtler rep I mailed a while ago said this model was basically a current Model Video 15, minus more drag adjustments. But there are no exact specs for this exact head, that I can find. If you'd like to mail the rep yourself, the model number on the head is 10394

The Sachtler rep who responded to me a while back, and who I will mail again tonight, is Bob Jones. His email is bob.jones<AT>vitecgroup<DOT>com

The complete system weighs about 22lbs, and can hold up to 55lbs. It's folded length is 40", Lowest height is 38", highest height is 75" (holy!). The ball is 100mm.

For price/spec reference, here is the current model Sachtler Hot-Pod system that has been developed from the system for sale here.

I am asking $2,250 for this tripod. There are no surprises to be found here later. This system is in perfect mechanical working order and in fabulous cosmetic shape. If you don't agree, I'll give you your money back in a heart beat. If I wasn't zooming half way to Israel from Iceland, I would buy this tripod again seven times till Tuesday.

I took a bunch of photos from all sorts of angles. I have no idea who the guy in the photo is. Some jackass.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, but could I write more already?

Good wishes in 2008 to everyone!
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #202
Major Player

Iriver sold
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:43 AM   #203
Major Player

item is no longer available. thanks for the interest.
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:00 AM   #204
New Boot

Sorry, it's a 15". Thanks for the heads up. Also it's OBO.
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #205
Regular Crew

still available .
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #206
Regular Crew

No I haven't been able to. Don't really have access to another harddrive at the present.
I'm sure it will make someone a great computer...if they can fix it!
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #207
Major Player

Ok, now $6000 for everything.

Having 2 cameras right now, I would like to sell this and save up for the next XL revision ...

SInce I can most likely use all the cam accessories for the next XL, I am willing to just part with the camera itself if anyone is interested.

Again, I love this camera, so I am in no particular rush or need to sell. But do let me know if interested.
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #208
Regular Crew

The 2x55 watts light has been sold.
Only the 6x55 watts is available .
Contact me for pictures.
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #209
Wrangler

Jon, can you at least put city and state in your profile so that potential buyers will know what part of the planet you are residing in.

Thanks,

-gb-
Old January 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #210
Regular Crew

WANTED: Sony UHF Receiver WRR-805 and/or Microphone

WANTED: Sony UHF Receiver WRR-805 or Other UHF tuner and Transmitter. AND/OR Microphone ASAP
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds