New Vegas book? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old May 29th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Vegas book?

Sonic Foundry apparently has a Vegas book out called "Digital Video and Audio Production". Anyone know if this is worthwhile for a mid level Vegas user? I probably need more help with audio than video.
Old June 6th, 2003, 11:13 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Douglas Spotted Eagle has a new book out about VV4. Maybe I can have a copy sent to you if you're willing to write a review of it for the DVi site? Let me know,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old June 8th, 2003, 09:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Chris,

I'd be glad to do that. Just let me know the time frame and details that would need to be met to make sure my schedule would allow.
Old September 12th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Any words of wisdom on this book yet, I am looking for a learning source as V4 will arrive in a about a week :)
Old September 12th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #5
Major Player

Don it has just BARELY shipped, within the last few days. Only a few have received it so it will take a bit more time for a review.
Old September 13th, 2003, 01:35 AM   #6
Wrangler

Dan,

I'm also an intermediate user.

I flipped through the Vegas 3.0 version of "Digital Video and Audio Production" at B&H Photo. I would classify it as a beginner book, I picked up one or two tips but most of it was your standard, how to create a project, add media files, work on the timeline etc.

I'd say it's a more targeted version of the manual, re-formatted for classroom use.

Douglas Spotted Eagle's DVDs are much, much better. He's also a musician so he does a nice job of going over the audio features in Vegas. I've heard he's planning on going much more in-depth in his future set of planned DVDs.

You might find it useful to look for tutorials/books on Sonic Foundry's Sound Forge, which Vegas is based on, I'll bet there's a lot of good sound information there which is applicable to Vegas and sound for video.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It