DVD Studio Pro 4: Apple Pro Training / Good Book? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old March 15th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD Studio Pro 4: Apple Pro Training / Good Book?

Hi all,

I previously went through Diana Weynand's "Final Cut Pro 5" Pro Training book and loved it. Moving on, I am wondering if "DVD Studio Pro 4" by Adrian Samseier is just as good or if there is a better book to help me jump into the program. I've read (few) reviews on the Studio Pro 4 book and there mentions of Errata, but I think with that in mind the book should be a straightforward read.

In case you're wondering, I'm not using the latest versions of these apps because I own Final Cut Studio and NOT FCS 2.

If you guys have any other recommendations for books on DVD Studio Pro 4, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm a big fan of this entire series of books. I have a few FCP books, and one each for Motion, Soundtrack and DVD Studio 3. I can honestly say that I would be completely lost without the DVDSP book.DVD.

I have not yet had the chance to work through the lessons, cover-to-cover (which is how I like to do with this series of books), but even at that I have found it to be extremely helpful.
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I see..

Thanks Frank... I went cover to cover for the FCP5 book and was actually hooked at that time. It covered a bit of loose ends for me since I'd played with FCP before (but didn't know the subtle features tucked away). So I am hoping the DVDSP one is good too. Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It