Translations of Film/Video terminology? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old July 25th, 2003, 01:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Translations of Film/Video terminology?

Hi!
I'm looking for a publication that would offer translations of film / video terminology between English and Spanish. A multi-language version, including German and French would even be better.

Call sheet - Orden - Dispo - Feuille de travail

Something like that.

Anyone? Thanks!

Dan.
Old July 25th, 2003, 02:54 AM   #2
Wrangler

Panavision has locations in Madrid and Barcelona with Panavision stores that will stock a variety of English-Spanish film lingo dictionaries. A four-language one would be quite useful--let me know if you find a good one!

BARCELONA, SPAIN
Phone: 011-3493-314-5000
Fax: 011-3493-313-9223

MADRID, SPAIN
Phone: 011-34-91-651-3399
Fax: 011-34-91-654-1998

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 25th, 2003, 04:40 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Robert, I will check out the Madrid shop when I'm in town, but it's not down the road (400 miles).
Meanwhile I found the Diccionario de Cine y Video español-ingles (y vv) by Augusto García Fernández-Balbuena - ediciones Tayo (Madrid) in the local library.

But I'm trying to figure out a budget proposal from a lighting-rental company and there are tons of words that are not in the a.m. dictionary. It's probably old, since it sports "script-girl" as one of the lemmas.
Yes: it's from 1988.
Old July 25th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #4
Wrangler

Sadly, "script girl" is still the only understood term in some circles, especially in Europe (specifically France).

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It