FCP 4 help books?! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old December 6th, 2003, 03:51 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

FCP 4 help books?!

The manuals always bug me, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a FCP 4 help book or CD/DVD guide. Like Visual QuickStart, etc.

Thanks,

heath
Old December 6th, 2003, 05:47 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

This Apple Pro Training Series book might be worth a look, Heath. I've sworn-off all software books but I've heard some good things about this series. The price is certainly right.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Old January 12th, 2004, 12:55 AM   #3

Check out Rich Harrington's "On the Spot" Series on Final Cut. It's entirely tutorial and results-oriented vs 'splaining what each button does. He walks you through a "what if you wanted to do this?" scenario, and by the time you reach the last image/text description, you're done.
http://www.vasst.com
Old April 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Check out http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735712816/103-2940688-1916625?v=glance

This writer is very knowledgeable, although I haven't read the book. I teach from the Final Cut Pro training series book and I personally cannot stand it. It is tutorial based and does that fairly well. But you really need more than tutorials to understand a program, IMHO.
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #5
Regular Crew

fcp4 for dummies. i learned fcp4 in a day.

real independent
Old November 2nd, 2004, 01:05 AM   #6
New Boot

The Apple series training books are definately worth a look. If you know anything about editing skip the basics book and go straight to the advanced book.

The basics book teaches you about the keys and tells you what the features are. You can read the manual to learn everything in this book. Don't qoute me on that though, I didnt read the manuals

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It