Book: Final Cut Pro 3 & The Art of Filmmaking at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old June 19th, 2002, 08:06 AM   #1
Trustee

Book: Final Cut Pro 3 & The Art of Filmmaking

If you're a FCP user and are looking for a great book on using FCP 3 (covers 2 as well) this is an excellent book. It comes with a DVD containing all exercise clips and other bonuses (filters-plug-in's etc)

I have just about every book written on FCP and this is the only one that I keep by my bed and constantly read. It features a very relaxed style of writting and teaches every function on the FCP screen with an easy-clear (no complex explanations) style. There are exercises with footage the writter's captured at Brooklyn's, Coney Island (on the DVD). It's published by Sybex and can be found at Barnes & Nobles for $60

It's not a techno-book explaining every nuance of FCP- just a good book giving a user of FCP a solid base of understanding.

(another big plus is that the book is written by two Brooklyn, NY guys- they did an excellent job)
Old July 17th, 2002, 04:04 PM   #2
Major Player

As a "newbie" in the NLE world, I needed a book that could help get me up to speed (quickly) with FCP 3. After searching high and low I discovered "Final Cut Pro 3 and the Art of Filmmaking."

The book delivered on everything that a "newbie" needs to know. The book covers all the in's and out's of FCP 3. This was something that I truly needed. I appreciated the fact that the content was easy to understand and follow.

So if you are in the market for a great FCP 3 book, give this one a look.
Houston, Texas
Old July 17th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #3
Wrangler

Are there any publications out there that cover all of the technical side of FCP 3.0 including all parameters of filters, etc.? Still sort of baffled that there isn't online support for this sort of thing, are we just supposed to figure it out ourselves?
Old July 17th, 2002, 04:46 PM   #4
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by steadichupap : Are there any publications out there that cover all of the technical side of FCP 3.0 including all parameters of filters, etc.? Still sort of baffled that there isn't online support for this sort of thing, are we just supposed to figure it out ourselves? -->>>

The best resource I have found is:

http://www.creativecow.net

Their is a good cross section of talent, who are quick to respond with answers. I have yet to come across a site that offers good technical info related to FCP. It would be great to find one as I am very new to the product.
Houston, Texas
Old July 17th, 2002, 07:01 PM   #5
Trustee

2-pop.com is the "definitive" Final Cut Pro site- all versions and setups are well known amongst the forum members there-

as for a "know-all tech book" try Final Cut Pro 3 Bible- it's super thick and includes a DVD with lots of extras....I think i bought my copy at Barnes & Nobles- it should cover anything you'd need to know.
Old July 17th, 2002, 08:00 PM   #6
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by stevenyc1@aol.com : 2-pop.com is the "definitive" Final Cut Pro site- all versions and setups are well known amongst the forum members there-
-->>>

I wish that 2-pop.com had a better bulletin board system. It is hard to follow threads. It does have quality info on the site.
Houston, Texas

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It