My First Movie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old December 14th, 2002, 03:07 PM   #1
Major Player

My First Movie

My First Movie
edited by Stephen Lowenstein
Pantheon Books, 2001
ISBN: 0375420819
at Amazon.com

The Coen Brothers, Anthony Minghella, Kevin Smith, Oliver Stone.. just some of the 20 directors interviewed in this book. Each director has a chapter dedicated to them in which they talk about the experiences of making their first feature film, from conceptualizing to financing to shooting to distributing. It's incredibly useful and insightful in some of the hurdles you have to cross in order to get your first movie out there. It's also really interesting to get twenty different perspectives on the same thing; Kevin Smith financed 'Clerks' across dozens of different credit cards!

This is a great read for anybody interested in independent film, especially if you're a fan of one or more of the directors interviewed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It