10% Off some books at Amazon at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old March 8th, 2003, 10:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

10% Off some books at Amazon

My order at Buy.com fell through (books never showed, I was impressed by how fast they credited my account though after I sent them an email) so I'm reordering the books from Amazon.

They have a 'Share the Love' program where they will email friends of yours a coupon to get 10% off the same items you buy (and I get a bit of a discount for every friend that orders). I'm going to be placing the order Sunday night so anyone that wants me to put their email down (they say they don't give out addresses) or send me an email.

The books are:

Film Directing Shot by Shot: Visualizing from Concept to Screen Steven D. Katz; $19.57

The Five C's of Cinematography: Motion Picture Filming Techniques Joseph V. Mascelli; $20.97

The Filmmaker's Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide for the Digital Age Steven Ascher $14.00

Producing Great Sound for Digital Video Jay Rose; $31.47

There is also a $10 off $75 coupon that can be used (it's on the fatwallet forum). I'm not sure if can be used with the 'Share the Love' program though, but it'd be worth a shot.
Old March 12th, 2003, 03:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Just wanted to voice a recommendation for amazon. Ordered Sunday night and recieved the books this afternoon with free shipping (course I also live in WA so I did have to pay the sales tax). Very nice after waiting nearly a month with no show from the buy.com order.

If anyone else is ordering books from Amazon please let me know in case I'm interested in doing the 'share the love' program with you. Hmmm, that could be taken the wrong way...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It