Tales from the Front Line of Indie Filmmaking book at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old September 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #1

Tales from the Front Line of Indie Filmmaking book

If this gets deleted, I'll understand, as it is a solicitation for my book, includes articles posted on this very site!

http://www.sonnyboo.com/images1/book_sm.jpg

Tales from the Front Line of Indie Filmmaking an other assorted tips for the beginning moviemaker is a series of articles and war stories from award winning filmmaker named Peter John Ross, co-director of Horrors of War and from Sonnyboo Productions. A perfect book for the aspiring Camcorder Kubrick's and Backyard Spielberg's, aka NEWBS just starting off making movies.

Illustrations by Daniel Alan Kiely

CLICK HERE to see the cover art bigger

CLICK HERE to see sample pages

Click Here to Purchase a copy - only $10
Old September 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Congrats on the new book! I'll keep an eye out for it and tell people about it!
Old September 18th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #3
Wrangler

i'm happy to plug peter john ross' stuff.... i don't know him personally nor have i ever met him, but i have a lot of respect for someone who also gives to the indie community, rather than merely soliciting. he's one of the good guys. he has a nice set of downloadable freebies on his website. thank you, PJR! when i get my new n improved website up and running--IF i ever get it up and running!--i hope to follow his model a bit, of paying it forward....

i used a piece of his music for a video i made for DV Challenge #5....it is downloadable in exchange for a simple credit and it worked great with my short. i have always meant to--but up till not have not gotten around to--thanking Peter for the use of this piece of music. my short "Still Life", which some of you hard-core DVCers have already seen, also made an appearance in the Twin Cities Underground FF a few weeks ago....

so thanks again, for these gifts. if you want to see the images i synched your music to, peter, the link is:

http://ia310102.us.archive.org/2/ite...StillLife2.mov

it's a big file, so you might want to go do a load of laundry while it loads....
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #4

I finally getting to see works that have my music in it. That helps me a lot to know I'm doing good.

Thanks all. This means a lot to me. For now, the book is online only, but I'm going to be approaching real publishers with it soon.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It