Sound books for newbie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old March 25th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sound books for newbie

Hey all,

Personally I am not much of a sound person, I know some. My roommate wants to get into production sound and I would like to teach him, but cant.

Could you awesome sound geeks out there recommend some good books for introduction to production sound? I would really like to get him into the industry because he is stuck in a dead end job right now.
He knows the basics about sound, but nothing about production equipment and setup of sound for production.
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'd recommend Location Audio Simplified by S. Dean Miles @

http://www.locationaudiosimplified.com/

It doesn't get very deep, but for those that are learning audio for video it will definately do the trick.
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I'll second Jeffrey's recommendation of 'Location Audio...' Some other very valuable resources are both of Jay Rose's books "Producing Great Sound for Digital Video" and "Audio Postproduction for Digital Video." Another excellent book is Thomlinson Holman's "Sound for Digital Video." And finally, our own Ty Ford has an excellent little book, his "Audio Bookcamp" that is a great pocket reference.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It