Varizoom w/XL1S at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 24th, 2001, 01:20 PM   #1
Major Player

Varizoom w/XL1S

I had to return my VZ-Pro-LX for repair because the unit caused the camera to immediately power back up after it entered the standby mode. The controller worked properly when connected to a Sony camera. The Varizoom rep suggested this might be due to "slightly different characteristics" between the XL1 and XL1S since they had not been able to test with the "S" model.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, I'm sure Varizoom would like to hear from you.

Ed Frazier
Ed Frazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2001, 04:44 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I spoke with VariZoom on Wednesday. They're aware of the problem and they now have an XL1S in house for testing. Rest assured they will resolve the problem soon. Details to follow,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2001, 05:06 PM   #3
Major Player

No Worries Here

Hi Chris,

I had no doubt they would figure it out. Just thought that if others had the same problem they would probably appreciate the input. Also if this is an isolated case, it would be good to know that too.

Ed Frazier
Ed Frazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2001, 11:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ed,
I have the VZ-Pro-LX and the XL1s and I put my XL1s in standby mode and it works, as it should.

I didn't try it with the XL1s after 5 min's to go in standby mode cuz its a habit of mine to do it manually.

Dose yours power back up if you put it in standby mode manually?

Mine works fine.

DpsVelocity Editor
XL1S & GL1
Mark Chiocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2001, 06:31 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Rockford,

Yes, the camera powers back up immediately when entering standby after timing out or by manually pressing the button. Since yours works, I guess mine just has a problem.

Thanks for the input.

Ed Frazier
Ed Frazier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers