Manfrotto 501HDV head - what do I need? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers

Old July 10th, 2010, 02:26 AM   #1
New Boot

Manfrotto 501HDV head - what do I need?

Hello everyone, I did my searches but found no answer so I'm asking, I hope to get an answer soon.

I have the Manfrotto 501HDV head and I need to buy a remote controller, I was looking at the 522P (Panasonic camcorder) but I am a bit confused about the adapter. Do I need to buy anything other than what comes in the box with the 522P? This is a link to the item on BHphoto Manfrotto - 522P Camera Remote Control Handle - 522P - B&H Photo I see there are some suggested adapters below.

If there is a better solution other then the 522P from Manfrotto for my Panasonic HMC150, please advise.

Thanks for all of your help.
Baltazar Tunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Major Player

Those adapters are only for mounting the remote to non-Manfrotto heads it looks like. Since you have a 501, then the remote will just replace your pan handle, nothing else required.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #3
New Boot

Thank you. I did some more reading and I kind off figured that out but I was not sure... again THANK YOU.
Baltazar Tunin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers