Varizoom VZ ROCK at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 14th, 2005, 10:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Varizoom VZ ROCK

Hi all,I'm thinking to buy varizoom VZ ROCK (maybe the Limited Edition Version) to use with Spiderbrace2 and my PD170 and I need to know if this product work well with the camera.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance,Maurizio.
Maurizio Panella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2005, 07:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

As a remote control maybe is better the Bebop Zoe DVL but I need to know if is possible without problem to use it on the Spiderbrace2.

Any experience?

Thanks,Maurizio.
Old December 17th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I have experience of both these LANC remotes (having tested both of them) but I have no experience of using them on the Spiderbrace.

The Zoe DVL is in my view by far the better controller.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Major Player

Maurizio-
I'm using the spiderbrace with the VZRock LE. I've mounted it just above the second bend on the right arm and the ergos are just right. Just got it a couple of days ago, but I'll be using it tonight for some concert footage. I'll let you know how it works out. I like the feel of the rocker control, though. Very smooth...
Vin
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:50 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks to all,
Vincent: with 170 is possible to use in full mode the VZ Rock or there are some buttons non funcional?
The feeling to use the Spiderbrace2 and a remote control is good?

Thanks again.
Maurizio Italy.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 02:28 PM   #6
Major Player

Bongiorno Maurizio! I use the Spiderbrace and Zoe DVL with my PD 150, and I am very happy with everything. You may want to experiment to find the position you are most comfortable with for mounting the Zoe. And, you may want to trim off a bit of the foam on the handle to improve the action of the rocker.

But remember, Maurizio, when you are using a brace with your camera, you want to limit the use of long lens shots, because they won't be as steady as off a tripod, so try not to do too much zooming. Stick with the wider angle lens positions for best results, and move in closer physically to your subject.

Besides the usual operating position, with the Spiderbrace resting on your shoulder, try tucking it into your armpit and holding it in place by squeezing your arm against it. That will give you a lower shooting angle that you may find more interesting than the usual position.

Caio

Wayne Orr, SOC

If it was easy, they'd get a relative to do it.
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:08 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thank you Wayne.Thank you very much!

Ciao from Italy.
Maurizio.
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #8
Major Player

VZ Rock LE

Every control on the VZRock works with the PD170--rec, focus, zoom rocker,
auto/manual, frame advance. And with where I located it on the Spiderbrace, I didn't need to remove any foam, although I would have on most other spots on the arm.
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers