DvRigPro HD - Where to Find OR Good Alternatives? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 9th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #1
New Boot

DvRigPro HD - Where to Find OR Good Alternatives?

I posted this in the general supports forums but then realized it may be better suited here - sorry for the crosspost if that's frowned upon:

Hopefully someone can help me. I start filming my documentary any day now, and we hit the road for our 7 week trip on the 20th of this month. Due to issues getting the check cut from the label for funding, I wasn't able to put all my orders in with as much notice as I would have liked.

That said, I can't find the DvRigPro HD anywhere! Does anyone know if its sold by anyone outside of Danny himself or the single retailer he lists for each country? It really seems like the best solution for what I will be doing (HVX w/ 35mm adapter, FF, 8" monitor, etc...) and I'd hate to settle for a lesser solution. The resellers in US ad Canada told me it's backordered and should be in by the end of the month. Danny said they're shipping in a week, but even that puts me in a precarious position for assuring I'll get it in time.

If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a comparable solution? As far as I can see, my next best option is a Zacuto shoulder setup. While more expensive, its the only other option that seems to get positive reviews. I will have this camera on for hours each day and as a result really don't want to gamble on the support system.

So....someone, please help! The budget is good, but I'm still value conscious (as shown by preferring the DvRigPro HD over the Zacuto - better bang for the buck according to the reports I've heard) and am trying to pick something that will do all I need.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. If anyone is willing to sell their DvRigProHD I would be eternally grateful. I would even be willing to put in an order to Danny to have a new one shipped to you as soon as they are available, if you prefer. Really, I'm open to discuss options.
Ryan Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Have you seen the Pag Orbiter? Not sure it'll be right for your set-up though...
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #3
DV Rig Pro

Ryan,

Your DvRigPro HD order will ship with UPS today. You will get it in 2-3 days.

Thanks.
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Natovich View Post
Ryan,

Your DvRigPro HD order will ship with UPS today. You will get it in 2-3 days.

Thanks.

Danny, again I just want to thank you for being so helpful and going so far out of my way. To anyone reading - buy this product for the customer service alone!

p.s. I should get the unit tomorrow and will surely be posted rave reviews before long.
Ryan Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Gardner View Post
Danny, again I just want to thank you for being so helpful and going so far out of my way. To anyone reading - buy
I must second that. Danny's one of the best!
Ian Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:18 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Will the DVrigPRO HD be suitable to hold my Sony FX1, SGpro 35mm Adaptor and rail system?

With regards to support, would it be such that I could balance it on shoulder and use left hand to focus, and right hand to start/stop recording on fx1?

Do you have a distributor in the UK?
If not, how long before I couldget my hands on one?

CHeers
Tim Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 06:59 AM   #7
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Sargent View Post
Will the DVrigPRO HD be suitable to hold my Sony FX1, SGpro 35mm Adaptor and rail system?

With regards to support, would it be such that I could balance it on shoulder and use left hand to focus, and right hand to start/stop recording on fx1?

Do you have a distributor in the UK?
If not, how long before I couldget my hands on one?

CHeers
The answer to all your handeling questions is YES.

We supply direct to the UK. You can place an on-line order at: www.dvtec.tv/store and we will ship next day.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 08:14 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Danyy - I've just ordered!!
Old December 5th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #9
Regular Crew

...and two days laters, its arrived.

What a brilliant service, thanks Danny and all at DVTEC.
Old December 6th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #10
Major Player

I'd like to add my support for the delivery service from DVTEC.

I ordered a multirig Pro at 2:30 am on Wednesday, and it was delivered to my home in the UK today (Thursday)! I was quite surprised to see an expected delivery date of Friday but to have it delivered next day over that distance is amazing. If only a lot of the UK suppliers I use could get things here so fast!

Thanks loads to all at DVTEC, the rig is fantastic!

regards

Paul.

Last edited by Paul Joy; December 7th, 2007 at 05:34 AM.
Paul Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Regular Crew

More questions. . .

This question is for Danny, I guess, or anyone else who might know. I was looking at the PAG orbiter up until just now, when I tried to find some user reviews and ran across mentions of the DVRigPro HD. I must admit, it looks like what I need for some stuff I've got coming up. My question is this: I know the website says that a Manfrotto 501/503 Quick Release is "optional," just to be certain, this is referring to the quick release plate that lets you mount the thing on a bogen tripod, or is this referring to the plate receptacle that is normally found on a Manfrotto tripod head, with which one would attach his/her camera that already has the plate secured to the bottom of it? Also, what does it add to the cost? I have a manfrotto 501 HDV Head and the corresponding plate on the bottom of my Canon XH-A1, and I'm just trying to make sure that if/when I order (probably soon), I don't find myself having to go buy more stuff than I'd anticipated. If I were to order, how quickly good I get it in Southern Utah (I.E. is it back-ordered at the moment?) Thanks in advance.
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #12
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Chamberlain View Post
This question is for Danny, I guess, or anyone else who might know. I was looking at the PAG orbiter up until just now, when I tried to find some user reviews and ran across mentions of the DVRigPro HD. I must admit, it looks like what I need for some stuff I've got coming up. My question is this: I know the website says that a Manfrotto 501/503 Quick Release is "optional," just to be certain, this is referring to the quick release plate that lets you mount the thing on a bogen tripod, or is this referring to the plate receptacle that is normally found on a Manfrotto tripod head, with which one would attach his/her camera that already has the plate secured to the bottom of it? Also, what does it add to the cost? I have a manfrotto 501 HDV Head and the corresponding plate on the bottom of my Canon XH-A1, and I'm just trying to make sure that if/when I order (probably soon), I don't find myself having to go buy more stuff than I'd anticipated. If I were to order, how quickly good I get it in Southern Utah (I.E. is it back-ordered at the moment?) Thanks in advance.
The DvRigPro HD is supplied with the standard Manfrotto 357 camera QR assambly. It can be supplied with the 577 assambly to match 501/503 tripod heads. No additional cost, when ordering, just ask for it in the "remarks box". Or simply drop me a mail at dvtec@natovich.co.il

The advantage of the 357 over the 577 is that you can slide in and slide out the camera from any side while the 577 is limited to forward in / back out. another thing is the very short original 577 camera plate. we supply a longer plate.

The rigs are in stock and delivery time is 2-3 days.
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Thanks for the quick response Danny! Would that ship time be applicable ordering directly from you, or from your dealer in California? Do you have a recommended method? Thanks again.
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #14
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Chamberlain View Post
Thanks for the quick response Danny! Would that ship time be applicable ordering directly from you, or from your dealer in California? Do you have a recommended method? Thanks again.
The delivery is from us by UPS and I can only speak for myself.

Danny.
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #15
Regular Crew

Cool. A couple more questions if you still feel enough patience with me. The Multirig pro, I noticed that the
Padded Velcro waist belt
Camera QR mount
Tripod Docking bracket
Zoom / Rec. Remote
are all listed as optional accessories, but I couldn't find price or availability for the QR mount or the Remote on your website. Could you enlighten me regarding what they would each add to the price and if they're available? Also, does the same offer apply here as you mentioned regarding the DVRig Pro HD, (I.E. ask for a 577 QR assembly and it's included?) Just trying to figure out exactly what my money does and doesn't buy. Sorry I'm so confused here, I just tend to be really careful when I spend money. Thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports