tiffen pro stick at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old February 26th, 2002, 04:50 PM   #1
Major Player

tiffen pro stick

hello i have been looking at it and think it would be a great extra for handheld work. the stick from tiffen, but i have also seen that stanford&son have a similair item. have any of you guys ever tried these items??
thanks (so it also on the canonsite)
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2002, 06:06 AM   #2
Wrangler

Bogen makes them too.

I have seen several. My general reluctance about them is that I am afraid of popping the bottom plate of the cam if I tripped.

Regardless, if you are in places were it is difficult to setup a tripod it will help keep the cam still.

Nathan Gifford
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2002, 01:53 PM   #3
Major Player

pro stick

do you know if it will take the weight of your shoulders and arms, to make long hauls of shooting easier??
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2002, 09:33 PM   #4
Wrangler

It will take the majority of the weight. Your merely have to hold the cam steady. I think if you use the word "monopod" or various symonyms in a search of this site you will find discussions about them.

Nathan Gifford
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports