SpiderBrace 1 or 2 for EX1 and Redrock Micro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 22nd, 2008, 10:18 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

SpiderBrace 1 or 2 for EX1 and Redrock Micro?

www.spiderbrace.com

SpiderBrace 1 is for cameras with big lenses, like JVC's HD100 (etc.), XLH1, etc.

SpiderBrace 2 is for smaller cams, like HVX100, V1u, etc.

If I am using an EX1 with a Redrock Micro, what do you all recommend?

Thanks,

heath
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I would not recommend the Spiderbrace for use with a 35mm adapter / rails and such - WAY too much weight to be placed on the Spiderbrace IMO - the SB is good for a bare cam, but I wouldn't place a 35mm rig on it.

mike
Michael Chenoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #3
Major Player

I concur. I'm a Spiderbrace fan, but think it was never designed for what you ask... even using a spiderbrace to hold something that big is asking too much of the cameraperson for any period of time anyway.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #4
Tourist

Beyond the Spiderbrace (which I own and have enjoyed), what would you all recommend as a beefier alternative once you start adding in more gear (35mm adapter + rails, monitor + arm, follow focus, etc). I've been looking at stuff from Cavision, Redrock (their new microShoulderMount), DVTEC (the DVrigProHD) and Zacuto.

My impression is that the Cavision stuff is kind of uncomfortable, the Redrock looks nice but has a huge lead time for delivery at the moment (40 business days), the DVrig seems decent but I haven't read any reviews of how it works with a 35mm adapter, and Zacuto would be perfect if it wasn't so beyond my budget...
Casey Pegram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #5
MPS Digital Studios

We used the brace a little bit, but mostly just went with a dolly. Thanks!

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports