Cavision Shoulder Mount - too far to the side at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports

Old May 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #1

Cavision Shoulder Mount - too far to the side

http://www.cavision.com/rods/RS1580S-SPE.jpg

Is it possible on this Cavision shoulder mount to shift it so that the shoulder arc is directly behind the rails rather than to the side of it? I don't want the camera like... in my chest, I want the camera above my shoulder, that's the whole point. I'd put the bit that slides onto the rods IN FRONT of the base plate for the camera.

Cheers
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I don't have a photo handy but yes, you adjust the rails mount / arm so that it sits above (not directly) the shoulder mount so you can slide it on to the rods and position the shoulder mount "under" the rods. It's a pretty flexible system but I place it under the camera plate too for better balance.

mike
Michael Chenoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:24 AM   #3

Excellent, thanks :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports