dv multirig belt usage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 30th, 2008, 07:06 AM   #1
Major Player

dv multirig belt usage

guys, question, I will buy the dv multirig (based on the # of positive comments here; for an XH A1)... one question, for those of you using this with the velcro (optional but stock) belt, how do you like it? I am more used to belts with the clip like the engrig belt (like a clip on a backpack waist belt), but wanted some feedback.

- Do you find the end of the belt to curl outward over time so that the belt has trouble staying 'closed'?
- Do you like the belt better or the same as a clip-style belt?
- Do you find you can size (adjust) it easily?
- Is the belt too wide to use it with any other belt items (e.g. battery or other items with a belt clip)?
- Etc.

thanks for any feedback!
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

For me the only issue with the belt is I have to put my cell phone in my pocket instead of my pants belt. The multirig belt is squarely on top of the phone and I can't get it as tight as I'd like too but that's a very minor point.
When I used a Bescor battery to power my AB Ultralite I put the battery on the Multirig belt using the belt loop that is on the battery so it was a none starter for me. Now with the LP Micro I don't worry about it of course.
All in all I'd say the belt works very well.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Major Player

don, thanks, appreciate it .. any others? (and this is only 1/2 a bump b/c I really did want to say thanks).
Old November 1st, 2008, 05:21 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Dave - I use the Eng Rig with the velcro waist belt and find it very quick to use, and so far it is lasting very well. Here is a link to a review we did when we purchased it.

I also found Danny to be very helpful and gives a very good service.

http://www.studioscotland.com/engrig_review.htm

Regards, Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Major Player

Stu, thanks as well and interesting review. ok, time for me to order this so I can move on with life (!) .. thanks again
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #6
Major Player

I just received my dv mulitirig pro and I have to say the build quality looks very good ... when you take a look at the unit, the thought that went into it as well as the build quality of the unit is clear ... looking forward to using it...
Dave Stern is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports