Review: The Cine City - "Sliders" shoulder support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 15th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Review: The Cine City - "Sliders" shoulder support

I was so happy with this shoulder support I got, I decided to create a YouTube review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2djoCdraSY. First time I've ever filmed myself and boy am I glad I'm behind the camera.

A few cons are: the quick release plate wasn't compatible with Bogen 501/503 plate, its kinda of difficult to set down, and as a result some of the parts can loosen due to the weight of the camera especially on the qr bracket. But a lot of these issues are minor compared to how much easier it makes hand holding the camera. If I had only known about it I could have save myself the arm fatigue and unsteady shots it caused.

http://www.thecinecity.com/tcc/produ...0&cat=3&page=1
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #2
DV Rig Pro

... a (cheap) copy of our early, 5 years old DvRigPro.
The DvRigPro. went throgh many major improvment, These guys are manufacturing and selling all the "mistakes" we have made when we just started...
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Trustee

Yeah this India company is like the China of the shoulder support world.
They make copies of pretty much everyone's products.

Some seem to be decent and some not so good knock offs.
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Natovich View Post
... a (cheap) copy of our early, 5 years old DvRigPro.
The DvRigPro. went throgh many major improvment, These guys are manufacturing and selling all the "mistakes" we have made when we just started...
I just looked at the DvRig website, yeah now I can see where they got the design from. I bought it on ebay before I knew it was a copy cat and got it because of the price and I liked the design better than Red Rock's micro shoulder support. If your the owner of DvRig I can understand your feelings on the matter.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:49 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Cofrancesco View Post
and got it because of the price and I liked the design better than Red Rock's micro shoulder support.
Hi Pete, just wondering why you like the design better then the RedRock product?
Peter Damo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports