DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   Any one using the dvrigpro? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/29585-any-one-using-dvrigpro.html)

Joe Carney July 25th, 2004 10:53 AM

Any one using the dvrigpro?

This had a lot of press earlier, but doesn't seem to have many takers. The only review I've seen is over at another site, and was wondering if any one here was using one for day to day work?

The only thing that seems wrong from looking at the pictures is the possibility of the rear weight swinging out to grab something.

Ken Tanaka July 25th, 2004 09:35 PM

I have one, Joe. I also have a review 90% complete (sidelined due to other demands). It's the finest shoulder brace I've used. No, the rear weight does not "swing out".

Joe Carney July 27th, 2004 01:59 PM

Thanks, I'll look forward to your review.

Ken Tanaka July 27th, 2004 02:23 PM

Meanwhile, you might be interested in the tail end of this thread.

Chris McKee July 29th, 2004 02:49 AM

Question, Ken...
Is the Dvrig Pro suitable for a xl1s?

Ken Tanaka July 29th, 2004 10:51 AM

Answer: DvTec, the DV Rig Pro's manufacturer, has a model specifically for the XL1. The difference is that the XL1's body is configured so differently that the standard brace cannot accommodate it.

You can see more of the DVRigPro XL here. I have not personally tried this model but it looks very promising.

Matt Irwin July 29th, 2004 02:57 PM

Check out Cinetech's Hipcam (www.cinetechonline.com) designed specifically for an XL. I tried on out at CineGear and it is INCREDIBLE. Totally modular, light, and very stable.

Jonah Lee Walker August 10th, 2004 06:39 PM

I am really interested in reading your review. I have been reading about this rig, and am really interested in how well this rig works.

Jacques Mersereau August 12th, 2004 07:34 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Matt Irwin : Check out Cinetech's Hipcam (www.cinetechonline.com) designed specifically for an XL. I tried on out at CineGear and it is INCREDIBLE. Totally modular, light, and very stable. -->>>

For $2100 less you might want to check out the marzpak™.
You can get all kinds of angles (braces give you the same old shoulder shot)
and your hands are free to operate the camera's controls.
That's important imo.

www.marztech.com

Dennis Parker August 31st, 2004 07:05 AM

Ken could you put up a link to your review when you finish it?

Thanks!

Ken Tanaka August 31st, 2004 09:39 AM

Will do.

Joe Carney September 4th, 2004 06:50 PM

Ken I found one problem with the dvcrigpro (my son just got one). If you have a large gut like me, it interferes with normal operation. Guess I have finally go on a diet.

Ken Tanaka September 4th, 2004 08:44 PM

Actually I believe the vendor offers a longer waistband for the more generously-figured operators.

Joe Carney September 5th, 2004 04:11 PM

waist band fit, but my beer gut pushed against the support rod. Had to suck it up. Nice sturdy well made unit though.