DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Shoulder & Handheld Supports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/)
-   -   DvRigPro Price drop (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/shoulder-handheld-supports/38811-dvrigpro-price-drop.html)

Yuli Krudo February 3rd, 2005 07:31 AM

DvRigPro Price drop

Just noticed a new 519 price for the DvRigPro at
EvsOnline.com

Ron Quizon February 3rd, 2005 09:52 AM

Yeah - I noticed that too. Do they know something that we don't? I've been tempted to pick one up for weddings, and now the temptation is even greater.

Hmm....

David Stone February 3rd, 2005 10:34 AM

I just bought one and I love it! The DvRigPro works for DVX100A etc. They have a specific one for the XL series from Canon. It is called the DvRigXL....I think.

Ron Quizon February 3rd, 2005 10:37 AM

Did you pick up a lanc controlller for it as well? I've been wondering if I need to have one. Could you make easy adjustments with focus and zoom without too much trouble. I guess what I'm asking is if you can make one-handed adjustments without throwing the thing way out of balance.

Thanks

David Stone February 3rd, 2005 11:01 AM

Yes I picked up the controller. I ordered a Zoe-DVX For Panasonice DVX 100/100a. The other contender was a Manfrotto 521P. However the Zoe controller has more features for the same price. You can preset the amount of zoom with the Zoe. I did a search and read a few reviews and decided the Zoe was the best deal.

Yuli Krudo February 3rd, 2005 01:38 PM

The Zoe is not very good on the soft foam grips of the DvRigPro. it
gets stuck.

I wraped the grip with a thin piece of plastic about the size of the Zoe and attached it over the plastic so the zoom rocker will not touch the foam grip. It works great now.

David Stone February 3rd, 2005 01:46 PM

I purchased the Zoe because of the features and also found that it was awkward trying to zoom while holding the rig. However, it doesn't affect focus which you have to set on automatic or still do manually. I'm adding this for Ron's benefit because he asked if I felt the zoom control was necessary. What is your opinion?

Yuli Krudo February 3rd, 2005 02:16 PM

Any controler is half of the DvRigPro fun.

I usually operate focus with the "push auto"

In situations when I have to do manual focus by the focus ring, I screw out the left grip so it will not be on my way.

David Stone February 3rd, 2005 04:13 PM

Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have thought of screwing out the grip.

Yuli Krudo February 4th, 2005 06:04 PM

Another important DvRigPro isue is adjusting the back weight
as low as possible and flat on your back.

The Manufacturer advised bending the shoulder brace to fit your
back. Another trick is to insert a piece of soft nylon tube (hose)into the sleave located under the brace. This will compnsate for the shoulder slop.

I keep in touch with Danny from DVTEC he is responsive and helpfull. info@dvtec.tv

Ron Quizon February 8th, 2005 05:30 PM

I just checked the evs website and the DVRigPro is now only 499.95. Does anyone know why it keeps dropping? Maybe a new model? I've been really thinking about getting one and now it seems like the right time...unless there is a better one coming out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

David Yuen February 8th, 2005 05:57 PM

Perhaps to match B & H?

When this thread started, I immediately checked B & H and they were at $499.95, so perhaps EVS dropped it to match them.

Bryan McCullough February 8th, 2005 05:58 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ron Quizon : I just checked the evs website and the DVRigPro is now only 499.95. Does anyone know why it keeps dropping? Maybe a new model? I've been really thinking about getting one and now it seems like the right time...unless there is a better one coming out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks -->>>
This close to NAB it's always smart to wait and see what's coming next. Unless you need gear right away.

James Connors February 9th, 2005 07:41 AM

i so hope this price reflects in europe! whilst its $500 for you guys (say about £270 converted) the only prices i've seen here are close to £400 (nearly $800!)

its currently the rig i'm most interested in as it'll add stability and comfort (whereas something like the glidecam will only add stability, and thats after learning to use the thing!). i'm a big fan of walking shots so need *something* :) maybe i'll just buy something cheap for the time being until i have the funds... making something myself is sure to end in death of camera as it slides off the rig :P

Yuli Krudo February 9th, 2005 12:31 PM

If I was you I would order one from EVS, with shipping you can still save a bundle.