DvRigPro Price drop at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 3rd, 2005, 07:31 AM   #1
New Boot

DvRigPro Price drop

Just noticed a new 519 price for the DvRigPro at
EvsOnline.com
Yuli Krudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yeah - I noticed that too. Do they know something that we don't? I've been tempted to pick one up for weddings, and now the temptation is even greater.

Hmm....
Ron Quizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I just bought one and I love it! The DvRigPro works for DVX100A etc. They have a specific one for the XL series from Canon. It is called the DvRigXL....I think.
David Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:37 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Did you pick up a lanc controlller for it as well? I've been wondering if I need to have one. Could you make easy adjustments with focus and zoom without too much trouble. I guess what I'm asking is if you can make one-handed adjustments without throwing the thing way out of balance.

Thanks
Old February 3rd, 2005, 11:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes I picked up the controller. I ordered a Zoe-DVX For Panasonice DVX 100/100a. The other contender was a Manfrotto 521P. However the Zoe controller has more features for the same price. You can preset the amount of zoom with the Zoe. I did a search and read a few reviews and decided the Zoe was the best deal.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:38 PM   #6
New Boot

The Zoe is not very good on the soft foam grips of the DvRigPro. it
gets stuck.

I wraped the grip with a thin piece of plastic about the size of the Zoe and attached it over the plastic so the zoom rocker will not touch the foam grip. It works great now.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:46 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I purchased the Zoe because of the features and also found that it was awkward trying to zoom while holding the rig. However, it doesn't affect focus which you have to set on automatic or still do manually. I'm adding this for Ron's benefit because he asked if I felt the zoom control was necessary. What is your opinion?
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:16 PM   #8
New Boot

Any controler is half of the DvRigPro fun.

I usually operate focus with the "push auto"

In situations when I have to do manual focus by the focus ring, I screw out the left grip so it will not be on my way.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:13 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have thought of screwing out the grip.
Old February 4th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #10
New Boot

Another important DvRigPro isue is adjusting the back weight
as low as possible and flat on your back.

The Manufacturer advised bending the shoulder brace to fit your
back. Another trick is to insert a piece of soft nylon tube (hose)into the sleave located under the brace. This will compnsate for the shoulder slop.

I keep in touch with Danny from DVTEC he is responsive and helpfull. info@dvtec.tv
Old February 8th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I just checked the evs website and the DVRigPro is now only 499.95. Does anyone know why it keeps dropping? Maybe a new model? I've been really thinking about getting one and now it seems like the right time...unless there is a better one coming out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old February 8th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Perhaps to match B & H?

When this thread started, I immediately checked B & H and they were at $499.95, so perhaps EVS dropped it to match them.
David Yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #13
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Ron Quizon : I just checked the evs website and the DVRigPro is now only 499.95. Does anyone know why it keeps dropping? Maybe a new model? I've been really thinking about getting one and now it seems like the right time...unless there is a better one coming out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks -->>>
This close to NAB it's always smart to wait and see what's coming next. Unless you need gear right away.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #14
Major Player

i so hope this price reflects in europe! whilst its $500 for you guys (say about £270 converted) the only prices i've seen here are close to £400 (nearly $800!)

its currently the rig i'm most interested in as it'll add stability and comfort (whereas something like the glidecam will only add stability, and thats after learning to use the thing!). i'm a big fan of walking shots so need *something* :) maybe i'll just buy something cheap for the time being until i have the funds... making something myself is sure to end in death of camera as it slides off the rig :P
James Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 12:31 PM   #15
New Boot

If I was you I would order one from EVS, with shipping you can still save a bundle.
Yuli Krudo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports