DV Caddie Jr vs DVRig Jr - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 1st, 2007, 01:23 PM   #16
New Boot

DV Rig Jr.

I got my DV Rig Jr at Kennedys ENG in Euless *(between Dallas and Fort Worth). And yes, the keyring thing doesn't work worth a crap. My solution, which has been rock-solid for almost a year now, was to super-glue the keychain ring into its recepticle. Then I just took a carabiner, looped it through the ends of the neck strap, and now I clip/unclip my carabiner to the firmly-glue-in keychain ring.

Works wonderfully~

PS On shooting with the rig itself, I've found it quite effective and very handy, but I'd still like a better solution for the sheath-thats-connected-to-tha-Hip-Bone. It's not very comfortable after a long day of shoot (depending on your total camera weight, and how much you support your arms, therefore adding more "weight" to the affair).

I tried, once, using some additional padding between the sheath and my hip bone, but it didn't work so well. Maybe I could rig a basketball knee pad to it (I use those a lot on my should with the full-size cameras). Just have to come up with a solid rigging solution that (hopefully) doesn't include gaff tape.

Hope that helps!
Travis Petty
Director Camera
Frozen Fire Films
214-868-1651
www.frozenfirefilms.com
Travis Petty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM   #17
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Petty View Post
I got my DV Rig Jr at Kennedys ENG in Euless *(between Dallas and Fort Worth). And yes, the keyring thing doesn't work worth a crap. My solution, which has been rock-solid for almost a year now, was to super-glue the keychain ring into its recepticle. Then I just took a carabiner, looped it through the ends of the neck strap, and now I clip/unclip my carabiner to the firmly-glue-in keychain ring.

Works wonderfully~

PS On shooting with the rig itself, I've found it quite effective and very handy, but I'd still like a better solution for the sheath-thats-connected-to-tha-Hip-Bone. It's not very comfortable after a long day of shoot (depending on your total camera weight, and how much you support your arms, therefore adding more "weight" to the affair).

I tried, once, using some additional padding between the sheath and my hip bone, but it didn't work so well. Maybe I could rig a basketball knee pad to it (I use those a lot on my should with the full-size cameras). Just have to come up with a solid rigging solution that (hopefully) doesn't include gaff tape.

Hope that helps!
Travis Petty
Director Camera
Frozen Fire Films
214-868-1651
www.frozenfirefilms.com
The new DvRigJuniors are now supplied with a better padded waist belt and better connection for the safety strap. we will show it and few more new products at the
DVExpo in the Los Angeles convention center 5-6 December.2007

We will have special discounts at the show for details visit: www.dvtec.tv
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #18
Inner Circle

I use a Lowepro harness and deluxe waistband. Is the loop on the DVRig Junior holster compatible with the 2" sewn loops on the Lowepro waistband (see attached)? The Lowepro attachments us a 2" stab that locks onto the belt with velcro.

Lowepro harness and belt:
Lowepro - S&F Vest Harness

Lowepro attachment system:
http://products.lowepro.com//Catalog...029-IMG3L.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
DV Caddie Jr vs DVRig Jr-loweprowaistband.jpg  
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #19
DV Rig Pro

The Junior Rig Holster has a spring clip that can be easily attached to
your belt. If you do not need the suplied belt print a note in the order form and you will get a $ 20 discount.

Danny.
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I can work with that. Another question I have is about the shock absorbing pod. Is the spring tensioned in any way and about how far is the travel in the absorbtion?
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #21
DV Rig Pro

You have about 30 Cm of spring range, and another 30 Cm up without spring support. depending on camera weight and operators height.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Shoulder & Handheld Supports